Chapter 29: Grady Catching Fitz

Hope the title caught ur interest. Without further ado, A scene that many have requested.

~~~

Fitz's arm wrapped around her from behind and she let out a breath she didn't know she had been holding.

"I got you," he said softly.

~~~

Sophie opened her eyes. Fitz was laying next to her. He stirred.

"Hey," he said smiling at her.

She smiled staring into his teal eyes. He yawned and she sat up.

"Can you pass me that?" She asked pointing to the bottle of pills Elwin had sent her home with.

"Yeah," he said passing them over from her nightstand.

She took out a capsule and swallowed it with her glass of water.

Fitz got up and pulled his shoes out from under the lip of her bed. He started lacing them up. 

"How are you feeling," he asked.

"Ok," she said getting out of bed. She walked over to her mirror and pulled down the neck of her shirt. She shuddered at her reflection. The bruises from around her collarbones had gotten darker. Fitz walked up behind her.

When he looked in her reflection he could see the shape of hands around her neck.

"I'm so sorry," he said his voice quivering.

He wrapped his arms around her from behind and leaned down kissing the top of her head.

She turned around facing him. He reached his hand up to her check as he bent down and kissed her sweetly. Her heart pounded as their lips broke apart. She inched forward and he closed the gap between them. He kissed her passionately reaching his hands down to her hips pulling her close to him. He smiled, his heart beat picking up. He was going to kiss her once more but they were interrupted by Sophie's door swinging wide open.

Sophie and Fitz both whipped around.

"Edaline made-" Grady stopped mid sentence noticing Fitz standing speechless in his pajamas holding Sophie. "....Fitz? What are you doing here?" He said his eyes staring at Fitz's hands which were still on Sophie's waist.

He quickly dropped them.

"Grady......" Fitz said flustered trying to think something on the spot. "I just came by to see if Sophie had my umm....imparter that I left in her backpack yesterday." He said. "I wanted to see if I could get it back before school," he added, not making the lie seem any more believable.

Sophie just stood there awkwardly blushing.

"Well do you have it?" Grady asked.

Fitz quickly picked it up off her nightstand. "Yeah, got it now, I can leave," he said. "...see u at school," he added looking at Sophie.

He awkwardly walked out of Sophie's room past Grady who stood cross-armed at her door.

He shut it after Fitz went out.