Chapter 26: Keefe's kiss

MAKE SURE YOU'VE READ THE CHAPTER BEFORE THIS ONE BEFORE STARTING, ITS IMPORTANT TO THE PLOT.
~~~

"It's ok you can tell me," he said looking into her eyes. "Who did this to you?"

"Alvar"

~~~

"Ok let's clean you up a bit and then we can talk," Keefe said as he walked into his bathroom.

He found some gauze and came back out. He bent down and wrapped her foot.

"This doesn't look too good," he said noticing the swelling "I think we should call Elwin-"

"NO! " she said loudly.

She looked down. He reached for her hand and noticed the developing bruises on her wrists. What did he do to her? He thought angrily.

"Sophie how did this happen?"

She started talking in a shakey voice.
"I was at Everglen and I thought I was alone
but Alvar was there and h-he was drunk" tears started rolling down her face.

"It's ok," Keefe said squeezing her hand.

"He-he grabbed me and he started kissing me and....he hurt me. and I-I barely got away."

Keefe looked angrily into the distance. He took a deep breath.

"He only kissed you. He didn't do anything...else?" He asked quietly.

She shook her head. "I got away before..."

She started shaking with sobs and he wrapped his arms around her.

~~~

Her crying slowly dispersed over the course of an hour. And she fell asleep in Keefe arms. He laid her down in his bed and pulled the covers over her. He took off his shirt and lay down beside her and soon fell asleep.

Sophie had nightmares where she couldn't move or talk. She rolled over in her sleep laying her head on Keefe's chest.

~~~

Sophie woke up her eyes sleepy. She could feel the rays of sun coming in the through the blinds. She ran her hand up Keefe's chest but stopped part of the way. She opened her eyes. She remembered she wasn't with Fitz. She quickly took her hand off of him. All of her memories came flooding back and she sat up.

"Hey" Keefe said looking at her as he sat up too.

"Hey" she said. He was awake when she did that!!! She blushed from embarrassment. It felt weird to wake up with Keefe. She always associated the feeling of waking up with someone, kissing someone with Fitz. But here Keefe was....

He must have been thinking the same thing and he blushed looking up at her.

He suddenly seemed a lot closer than before. Her eyes strayed down to his lips.

Keefe gulped. He wasn't sure where this was going.

She leaned in. He responded doing the same and slowly closed the gap between their faces. Sophie didn't resist. He kissed her sweetly holding her face in between his hands.

Suddenly she had a flashback of Alvar grabbing her face. She pulled away.

"I'm sorry," Keefe said quickly dropping his hands from her face. "I shouldn't have done that."

"Sorry I don't know why I did that," Sophie said. She was confused and tired.

He got up and put on his shirt on.

"You should go home," he said walking towards the door.

"Keefe..."

He looked back.

"Don't fell Fitz."

He nodded and left the room.

~~~

She sighed and rubbed her face. She stood up from his bed. She felt like shit. Her foot ached. She noticed the deep purpled bruising around her wrists. She walked to the mirror. Her face had a large red area where Alvar had smacked her. She moved her shirt and could see bruising on her neck around her collar bones. She shuddered. She grabbed her imparter and walked downstairs to the leap master. While she was walking down the hall she ran into Lord Cassius.

"Sophie? "He said giving a raised eyebrow at her messy hair and pajamas.

"I was just leaving..." she said awkwardly and lept away before he could ask any questions.

She arrived in her room to meet a furious Sandor but instead of the sassy comeback he expected she collapsed crying. He quickly noticed her injuries.

"What happened and where were you last night?" Tarina asked.

"I stayed at Keefe's" she said between sobs.

"Hold up how many boys does she sleep with?" Bo whispered to Flori.

Tarina shot him a glare.

"I went to stay with Fitz but..Alvar tried to...he attacked me." She started crying.

"What do u mean attacked u?" Bo asked

"He was drunk and h-he kissed me and he tried ..." she couldn't say it.

Sandor patted her back. "I think we need to call elwin"

"NO please"

"Sophie ur hurt"

"Just let me wait till after school please!" She said.

"I don't think ur in any condition to go to school."

"Sandor please." She stared at him water in her eyes.

"Sophie I'm sorry but this is a medical emergency and we are taking you to his office."
He picked her up.

"SANDOR!" She yelled. "You have to promise not to tell my parents."

He took a deep breath. "Ok" he said.

She quieted as he picked up her things and lept her to the medical wing at foxfire.

~~~

We've been getting into some real plot now. Also we are so close to 50k!!!!

A lot of the more recent chapters I've posted are mature but I've enjoyed tackling tougher topics like assault and substance abuse. How have you guys liked where this fanfic is going?