Chapter 6: They're "Busy"

(I wrote this story a few years ago before we found out Alvar was in the Neverseen. In this story nobody knows he is in the Neverseen (yet) but he will play the part of an antagonist in future chapters. I guess I knew he was evil all along 😉)

~~~

Fitz and Sophie lay there for another hour hoping Alden or Elwin would return soon and that she wouldn't have another attack. All the while, Fitz stroked her hair and rubbed his fingers along her back trying to keep her awake.

~~~

Meanwhile Biana, Della, Alden, and Alvar were headed back from their excursion. It was about 2:00 am when they got home. However they were still done much earlier than they thought it would originally take. Biana tried to be quiet as she tiptoed up towards her room. Alvar followed behind Della helping unpack some things in the kitchen.

Della bent down putting away some dishes,
"Alvar, can you go check on Fitz and make sure he's good."

"He's probably just sleeping, but I'll go if u want me to," he replied as he headed for the stairs. He rounded the corner and peeked through the crack of Fitz door. He was surprised to see books and pillows scattered all over the floor. Fitz was usually pretty tidy. He then looked up to the bed to see Fitz on top of Sophie. He quickly stepped backwards and shut the door. He chuckled to himself as he walked back down the hallway. Fitz was following in his footsteps. As he entered the main upstairs hall, Biana came out of Sophie's room looking worried.

"Guys, Sophie's not in her room!" She said.

"Don't worry," Alvar said as Alden walked up putting some cloaks in the closet. "She's fine, she's with Fitz in his room."

"I'll go check on them," Alden said looking at his watch. "Gosh it's late to be hanging out."
He walked towards the hall but Alvar blocked his path.

"I wouldn't go back there if I were you..," Alvar said grinning. "They're 'busy'."

"What!" Alden questioned. He pushed Alvar out of the way. Biana looked like she might be sick.

"I warned you!" Alvar said as Alden rushed down the hall. He had a million ideas running through his mind; mostly disappointment towards both of them. He had always thought Sophie's human background might make her prone to escalate relationships. On the other hand, he knew Alvar had a reputation of being forceful and he hoped Fitz wouldn't do that to Sophie.

~~~

While the Vacker's had arrived downstairs, Fitz and Sophie lay talking in Fitz's room. Fitz's hand was rubbing Sophie's back while she stopped talking abruptly mid sentence.

"it's happening again" she said through gritted teeth. Fitz's looked at the clock on his wall, his parents still wouldn't be home for a matter of hours. Sophie needed medical attention.

"Sophie I'm going to try and help you ok," he said. Sophie nodded. He could see the corners of her eyes starting to well with tears. He swung his legs over her until he was kneeling on top of her, one leg on each side of her torso. He placed his hands in her temples. He was so preoccupied trying to calm Sophie's mind he didn't realize he was practically on top of her, or that Alvar was peeking through the crack of his door at that moment. As he entered her mind, he followed a thread of warmth into her subconscious. He saw Sophie choking in a ring of flames. He ran through heat, getting slightly burned in the process, but dragged her out. Moments later, Fitz's withdrew from her mind and opened his eyes to see Sophie doing the same. She let out a few small sobs. At least he had been able to stop it. He leaned down hugging her.