XXI

The both boys stood staring at each other, Daehwi really can't stop remembering the conversation with Jinyoung about his father. And plus the looks of Jinyoung's father really doesn't matches mostly. Daehwi sees small small resemblance of Jinyoung in there but he can only see himself in the father's face.

"Ah, we meet again, Daehwi-ssi."

"Uh.. yeah.. c-can we talk?"

Daehwi asked hesitantly, he was expecting a "no, I'm busy" but the father came closer and sat down on the nearest chair.

"Sure, there are some things I would like to share with you.."

"You're the father that died years ago right?"

Daehwi asked as he continued to stand there and stare down at his father's eyes.

"If only you know how I felt when I heard upon your stupid death."

Daehwi continued as he tighten the grip on the pencil. The father only sighs knowing his wrongdoings and yet he still did it and lied to Daehwi in their first meeting.

"I only want to know this, why did you lie when we first meet huh? I'm not even curious as to why you wanna fake your death anymore, I just wanna know why you lied to me saying that you possibly don't even know who I really am.."

"Hwi-"

"Don't call me that nickname, I don't even see you like a father I once loved before."

Daehwi interrupted not going to care for his father's explanation anymore. Daehwi let off some steam as the atmosphere around the two gone quiet.

"Daehwi, listen. I know how you are when you're attached to mother. If I told you I was going to remarry, you would refuse. I'm trying to move on, I don't want to continue the life where I had to single handedly take care of my own kids."

"Then why didn't you just kill me or throw me out? Why are you doing all of this when you know that could hurt me more?"

"I don't want your fate to be there, I don't want you to be with different families cause you would need to adjust. You've grown up to be independent and strong you know? That's why I left you alone, cause I know you're capable of handling life alone."

"A kid like me? Who was I visiting with mom if you're here?"

"Ah, that. It was one of your uncles from your mom's that grew very ill. He was your favorite uncle when you were little. If you looked behind that tombstone, his name is actually there."

Daehwi was sorta now ticked off, he just turned away and left. It could have been the closure he was looking for, but surely it wasn't good enough. The truth he was now able to receive was making him live in lies. He hid away in Jinyoung's room and started to draw out his thoughts on the paper he got and the pencil he grabbed. Looking at the pencil now, Daehwi didn't noticed how hard he was holding the pencil. There were markings where Daehwi's fingers were when he was having that weak closure.

Night Time

Jinyoung arrived back home holding foods that is enough for him and Daehwi to eat as dinner. Doing this ever so often, Jinyoung may have developed feelings for the other. When he tried to open the bedroom door, the knob didn't budge. He was confused, did he locked it when he left?

"Yah, Daehwi?"

Jinyoung called out as he knocked on the door waiting. He lowered the food and tried again on the knob forcing it but failed. He doesn't know why he was even panicking at this point. He knocked again and called out for the latter again.

"Yah, Daehwi, it's not time for jokes! Open the door!"

More times on attempting to break the door, oh man he wished he got his own bedroom key. As he stepped away from the door and was about to break in, the door opened a little and revealed Daehwi. Jinyoung's heart just started to beat rapidly as he only just went to Daehwi and hugged him tightly.

"Ah, don't scare me like that anymore. I thought you really did it to yourself."

Jinyoung said as he rest one of his hands on the backside of Daehwi's head. Jinyoung couldn't hold in his feelings anymore after he pulled away. He glared at Daehwi before cupping Daehwi's cheeks.

"Did you noticed how I'm feeling?"

"Wha-"

Jinyoung placed his lips on Daehwi kissing him while Daehwi was taken back. He tried to pull away to break the kiss but Jinyoung just wrapped his arms around Daehwi's waist and hold him tightly. Daehwi then started to punch trying to push Jinyoung away. It wasn't much help as Daehwi was being pushed towards inside of the room more and heard the door close behind them. Jinyoung ended up having Daehwi against the wall when he did that. As they pulled away, Jinyoung kept Daehwi surrounded and stared at the other.

"Did this explained what I said?"

Daehwi glanced up at Jinyoung before looking down and shaking his head. Daehwi's head was lift back up and was made contact with Jinyoung's face.

"I like you Daehwi-ah, what you did earlier got me close to break downs."

Jinyoung tried to go in again but the door opened and Daehwi looked away quickly. Jinyoung sighs then looked over at the door. Man oh man would he get in trouble.

"Son... what is going on..?"

The father asked, Jinyoung stood straight as Daehwi hurried away to avoid wanting to be involved, not with the father that fooled his whole life.

"What is going on? Son, don't make me ask again."

"A son of a father which he barely knows is having some."

"What?"

"Yeah, what is there that you know about me?"

The father avoided that question then glanced back at Daehwi.

"I wasn't talking to you."

Daehwi froze when he heard his father tell Jinyoung that.

"I was talking to my other son."

Jinyoung got confused then remembered about that one info his mom gave him, he looked at the father's eyes and followed them to Daehwi.