C H A P T E R O N E

E D I T E D  21▪︎12▪︎19

E D I T E D 21▪︎12▪︎19

W O R D C O U N T : 2 2 0 9

N O A H ' S P O I N T O F V I E W

I only turned nineteen last week and I haven't found my mate yet, who, thank the goddess was clearly not from my pack.

My pack loathed me, since the day I was born. They absolutely despise me. I am the omega, nothing more, nothing less. I don't know who my parents are, nor do I care. They gave me up as a pup, not even a year old. A pup.

That's rejection at its cruelest. A pup with no mother is hard to look after and even harder to keep alive. A pup will usually reject all milk given to it unless it is its own mothers, very rarely some adapt to a certain milk and others will unfortunately die.

I was raised from a warrior wolf, who had recently lost one of her pups, so the pack allowed her to take me and she's been caring for me until I was ten, though she wasn't the best at times. She did try, after all it's against her instincts to take another pup, especially the runt.

I put the last plate away. There was an Alpha coming here to search for his mate. I've heard from pack members that he is thirty years of age and still hasn't found his mate.

That's a very big age gap, well maybe there's an older woman or female. I know of a few people who are around early to mid twentys who haven't found their mate.

I heard from the kitchen where I slaved making food for everyone annocements. The alpha has arrived. I quickly plated the food on the two silver trays and walked through the push doors. There were some other omegas in the kitchen prepping the next trays of food.

The smell of rain and wet soil invaded my nose, though it was faint. It made me feel safe, a warm feeling settled in my stomach. I smiled as I inhaled deeply and placed the trays down and turned around. I saw the Alpha standing there and he was pretty hot.

He had tan skin with dirty blond locks, kept neat and short with cold blue eyes but that's all I could make out from here and his very lean but bulky figure. I watched as his eyes darkened and he closed them, saying something I couldn't hear as he tilted his head up and sniffed the air before his eyes snapped open.

I watched as they scanned he crowd of people. He was looking for his mate. I looked away before glancing up at him once again seeing him shake his head. I turned on my heel as went to grab the wine tray, that my Alpha requested I bring to him and the alpha.

I grabbed the tray that held five glasses and carried it through the mingling crowd as I saw my Alpha, Luna and the other Alpha, with a man beside him.

I stood a few feet away with my head tilted down in submission as the the wet earthy scent filled my nose, even stronger this time.

"Omega, are they the ones I requested?" My alpha asked and I nodded.

"Y-yes Alpha" I told him as I glanced up and met these dark ocean eyes. I gasped as his pupils darkened to black and a low growl left his throat.