C H A P T E R N I N E

W O R D  C O U N T : 2 0 9 5

N O A H ' S  P O I N T   O F   V I E W

I was meeting the pack today, spending two weeks with killian and he told me the alpha thought it would be good for me to make some new friends and that killian can't work from home.

"You're going to be fine baby, I'll be there the whole time" he whispered, kissing my forehead before opening the door and letting me walk in first.

The room was filled with people, scents attacking my nose and making me feel overwhelmed. I whimpered and clutched onto killian's blazer clad arm.

He was dressed in a black tux and a white dress shirt with a tie while I just wore a white dress shirt and some black slacks. He told me the alphas mate was also being introduced as Luna.

We walked around for a while killian grabbing some champagne off a tray before walking to a group of men who all kindly greeted him.

"What's your mate called?" A tall, blonde man asked.

"Noah" killian said, as the three other men looked at me.

"These are my friends baby, that's Ciaran, Reed, Malik and William or will for short, say hi baby" he told me and I muttered up a meek hello to which the all nodded and smiled back.

Reed was the tall blonde who asked about me.

William was pale with fiery chestnut hair.

Malik had a dark complexion and strong features as well as a tough build. He had a skin fade leading up to dark loose curls that hung over his forehead.

Ciaran was tan with dark brown hair and was very tall.

"K-killian" I tugged on his sleeve to get his attention.

"Yeah baby?" He asked not looking away from his friends.

"Ca-Can I go get a dri-drink?" I asked and he nodded muttering a yeah.

I let go of his arm and walked over to the drinks table and seen some orange juice in a pitcher. I grabbed some and poured it into a cup.

Placing the cup back I turned around and couldn't see killian, whimpering. I walked through the crowd and couldn't spot my mate anywhere.

I walked to a door that was open and walked down a hallway in search of him, with no luck I turned around and yelped as I seen ciaran smirking at me.

"What's an omega like you wondering around without your mate" he mocked and I shrunk back on myself, not liking the vibe I got from him.

"I-I was looking for ki-killian" I told him.

"Oh? I last saw him wondering off with a unmated female down the hall" he nodded his head back in motion of that direction.