Chapter 30

Creatures Study went smoothly for Dipper especially since it was his favorite subject.

But like the other teacher, Evergreen was acting unlike herself. She was kinda a little jumpy and seemed to be always at the look out.

One time a student called out to her name while she was writing on the board and she suddenly let out a frightened squeal and dropped the chalk on the floor.

She had immediately apologized to the class and said that she wasn't feeling that great today and hoped that they put up with her.

But aside from that, the lessons were fine.

After Creatures Study, the next class should have been Demonology with Azvameth. But the old man didn't show up and after 30 minutes without the Professor entering, it was concluded the the rest of the time before class ends was a free time and students begun to form their groups to chat.

"Claude, why is Ms. Tyrel so jumpy today? She looked like she was expecting a monster to pop in the class"

Mabel asked the senior as she sat in the empty chair beside Claude.

Glenn was already sitting beside her fellow senior and she dragged an empty chair and placed it beside her so that Reed can take a sit.

The red haired boy thanked her, while also managing to take another chair and give it to Dipper.

Dipper thanked Reed and the boy waved it off, saying that it was no problem between friends.

The current time was 3:35 AM, and they still had an hour or so to stay in class.

Dipper too out his notebook and begun to clean up and write down some more info that Evergreen had told them.

"That's probably because she's not human and is much more sensitive to the presence of other non-humans. So that proves that our proprietor is not human"

Claude concluded while giving Mabel his usual smiles.

The brunette girl eyes widen and she continued to ask an array of questions with great excitement.

Thankfully Claude calmly explained everything without a sign of annoyance and Glenn also joined in.

"The brats got it right! Congratulations to them and their puny human brains! Other non-humans sure a sensitive, especially a fauna and flora hybrid like your teacher Pinetree"

Dipper instinctively freeze up at the sound of the familiar voice and he begun to look around for the dream demon.

"Kid you won't be seeing me, I'm inside your mind ha! We're currently talking telepathically. We would want your friends to find out about me right?"

Dipper released the tension on his body upon hearing that but then his mind went to a halt as he remembered a certain part of the deal.

Fear crept up on his veins as he asked Bill in mind about the matter.

"Bill y-you said that you wouldn't interrupt me in class, that was part of the deal!"

Dipper felt fear because he thought that with Bill in his full power now, he was able to break and manipulate his own deals.

And if that was true then the dream demon might not uphold or twist their deal of Bill providing him and Mabel protection.

Insecurities and regret of making the deal with Bill ib the first place plagued his mind till a loud midly pissed off voice that seems to be barely trying to disguise itself as humorous and teasing, shouted at his mind.

"Mind you Pinetree! I am a honorable demon who upholds his deals. And if SOMEONE just happens to make a deal full of loopholes that just begs to be taken advantage off, is it my fault to do so?"

Taken aback by Bill's response, but then letting the meaning of Bill's words sink in, Dipper gritted his teeth in annoyance.

The brunette was not happy that Bill made it seems like it was his fault that the demon took advantage of their deal. It gave him the feeling of being a doll being played at Bill's palm.

"Bill just how did you manage to manipulate this deal then? I'm sure that the deal was solid"

Being stubborn and curious was a trademark of the Pines and oh boy, is Dipper a perfect example of it.

"Hmm, why should I tell you Pinetree? What do I get out of this?"

Bill teased as he telepathically talked with him.

Dipper might be really Really curious but his not stupid enough to bargain with the demon when Bill was in a deal making mood.

"Dip dop do you think the monster is a Western or Asian type? Reed thinks it might even be from Aztec myths"

Mabel pulled the sleeve of Dipper's shirt snapping the teen from his mental chat with Bill.

Dipper appeared surprised and shook by the action that it made a frown of confusion appear on Mabel's face.

"W-what did you just say Mabel? Sorry I was just dazing off. Think about conspiracies and other thing like.....you know"

He was nervous that Mabel will see through his lie and make things bigger than it was suppose to be. Also to make matters worse, the other 3 were now also looking at him.

"Dipper are you sick? Do you still need to rest?"

"N-NO! I-I mean i'm not sick. Just dazing off, yeah just thinking about things. About the demon and the attack and class, yeah I think that umm......class was hectic today haha"

Dipper bit the side of his cheek to make him stop from starting a word vomit.

"Yikes! You're absolutely pathetic at lying kid. They got to be idiots to believe it, wait all of them are meatsacks, so I guess it's given"

"Shut it Bill!"

Inside his mind, Bill shrugged him off and continued to babble.

Dipper did his beat to block off the demon and thankfully by joining his friend and sisters he managed too.

The other were obviously worried about him but they did let him off when he joined them in their conspiracies from about half an hour.