Chapter 36

Standing behind them was Gercias with a severely strict expression.

He eyed the flames in Mabel's hand with satisfaction before calling over Stephen.

The other first year ran towards them with lips in a thin line. Stephen's black eyes were sharp with seriousness but in it's depths you could see a tingle of fear.

"Blackvale, you start first. Go on front and cast the spell"

Looking at Stephen's P.E. uniform, you could see that he had a few fails when practicing the spell earlier, but with unspoken confidence he walked up in front and started to focus.

A crowd of students begun to form not far from them, all wanting to observe how good or bad the new students were.

After a minute, magic flowed around Stephen and he opened his eyes and poured all he focus he had in the spell.

"[Ignis]!"

Magic poured out of his hands in the form of flame with the same smoky black color. Now both of his hands were covered in flames and he made them fly over his head, making a circle of fire above him.

A series of awed noises filled the other students and even Dipper was greatly impressed.

After 2 minutes of maintaining the fire, it disappeared in the air and Stephen staggered and almost ended falling face first in the dirt.

Claude immediately went towards the exhausted students and made the other lean on his as he walk towards the nearby benches.

Gercias had observed the performance with a glint of satisfaction and glee.

"As you can see Blackhaven is already capable to do so much with him still being a first year students. I expect all of you to do same and strive! All of you are the hopes in the flourishment of the Dark Arts"

All student then gave Gercias a variety of positive response and he grunted in obvious contentment.

Then he turned his eyes towards Mabel and the brunette girl stiffened in fear before moving towards the place where Stephen casted his spell earlier.

But before that, Dipper held his sister's hand and whispered to her.

"Mabel show them what the mystery twins are capable of"

Mabel looked at her with her wide hazel eyes then burst into bright smile capable of overshadowing the sun.

"Of course Dipper!"

With her newfound confidence, she walked towards the center with her head held high and a cheerful smile.

From the crowd of students the cheers of Glenn and Reed were quite loud.

It wasn't until Gercias gave them a particularly sharp glare did they stop.

Mabel felt happy and confident in herself due to Dipper's words and she was able to drive away her fear and help her start to focus.

Almost a minute passed before a swirl of magic circled Mabel and she chanted out the incantation.

"[Ignis]!"

Magic flowed through her veins and fire poured out of her hands.

The brilliant pink color illuminated the field and more awe and surprised voices resounded in the field.

Reed and Glenn high fived each other while cheering louder than anyone else.

Mabel then put on a look of pure focus as she lifted her hands in the air swung them in a familiar shape.

Just like that, a heart shaped ring of fire appeared in the air and moved in front of her.

The shocked reactions grew louder and even Gercias eyes widened a little.

Proud as can be, Mabel laughed with happiness as she watched the brilliant pink fire.

After a minute and a half, the flame disappeared and all was left was Mabel wheezing with her butt on the ground, exhausted but still smiling widely.

All of the students were still wide eyed. It wasn't like the seniors couldn't to the same, the fourth years could actually do better than that. But what Mabel and Stephen did was still very amazing for first years, specially for Mabel who didn't know about the dark arts before entering the Academy.

"Ahem!"

The students were snapped out of their thoughts when Gercias called out their attention.

The Professor was now looking at Mabel with great pride and one could even see a a slight movement on the corner of the man's lips.

"Mabel Pines, I congratulate you on that amazing feat. You are a talented student and I look forward to your future in the Academy"

Mabel gave the Professor a bright smile before trying to stand up by herself, her legs were a little shaky but she managed to walk and threw herself over to Dipper while bursting in joy.

"Dipper I did it! I casted a spell! I can do magic Bro bro!"

Dipper was more than happy to hug his sister back and shower her with compliments.

But their little celebration stopped with another gruff voice calling Dipper.

"Dipper Pines it's your turn. Go to the front and chant the spell"

Dipper felt his stomach do a loop as he let go of Mabel.

He look at Gercias as well as the crowd of students to see that they all had great expectations in their eyes.

Dipper felt his hands go cold and turn sweaty. He knew that everyone right now was expecting him to do something more amazing than Mabel and Stephan.

As much as Dipper had managed to master the spell thanks to Bill, he wasn't sure whether he could form a shape too.

The stares of expectation also didn't help him out either, rather it made it a hundred times worst.

Dipper knew he couldn't handle it if those eyes changed into scorn and disappointment if he failed to reach their expectation.

He didn't want those kind of eyes on him again. He had enough of those people belittling and making fun of him.

He didn't want that to happen again.

Negative thoughts begun to cloud Dipper's mind and he was slowly drowning in his fears.

He wished that if only he was brave enough, if Bill was just with him he-

'Wait, why the hell am I thinking about Bill?'

That thought managed to snap Dipper out of his negative cloud and his mind was starting to clear again.

So the shock that he was actually wanting Bill to be at his side to help him settled in more.

'I did not wish Bill was with me!!!!'

Dipper denied to himself and begun to walk towards the front.

'I'll show him! I will show that floating dorito that I can do this and it will be even better than he ever did'

Dipper promised to himself and he stood in front with the courage he had unknowingly drawn from Bill.