Chapter 43

Dipper stomped irritatedly down the dark hallway.

The walls were painted black with designs of golden brown lines. Each door he passed by was in a rich deep brown nearing black in color.

The gold gilded metals attached to each door showed the room number.

The floor beneath him was covered in deep red carpet.

His footsteps were muffled by the soft carpet.

Dipper was already at the second floor and was looking for Reed's room.

He observed the number plates one by one and waited for Reed's room number to appear.

'11...........10.........9......and......yes! 8'

Dipper walked towards the front of the door and took a deep breath before knocking softly in the dark mohagony wood.

After a few minutes the lock on the door clicked open and out came the figure of Reed in his pajamas still struggling to stay awake.

The boy rubbed his eyes and with a tired yawn he looked at her figure in front of him.

To he originally half asleep black eyes widened and was filled with surprise.

"Dipper! How are you!? Wait, what are you doing knocking on my door at 11 o'clock in the night?"

Reed's hair was a mess and his eyes were squinting at Dipper in confusion.

The brunnete was about to greet back the red haired boy when it had dawned to him that it really was almost midnight.

His face bloomed red in embarrassment and he stuttered out some apologies and begun to move back.

Reed let out a laugh and opened his door wide.

"No need to apologise, you're allowed to visit but next time you better earn me first before you appear near midnight again hahahaha"

Reed invited Dipper in and the younger boy looked down at his shoes the whole time.

But before he could step in, Reed suddenly pulled him into his room and shut the door behind them.

"H-hey wh-!"

"Shhh!'

Reed cut off Dipper and the two stayed silent for a minute before Reed placed his hand on his chest and sighed.

"What was that for?!"

Dipper was about to yell indignantly at Reed before the other boy made a pausing sign.

"The Hallway watchers were present, so I had to pull you in. It's forbidden for a student to leave their dorm room after curfew. Heck! It's forbidden to enter another student's dorm without teacher's permission"

Reed explained with a loud sigh.

The boy then walked towards his own bed and sat down.

He looked at Dipper and urged the other boy to also take a sit.

Looking at the room, Dipper noticed that it was quite different from his and Mabel's room.

For starters the bed was bigger. Which could be explained by the fact that Reed was the only occupant of his room.

The walls were still painted white and the ceiling, black.

There was also a closet that looked alike to theirs at the corner of the room.

There was a ceiling fan in the middle of the room a long horizontal light bulb placed above the bed.

Bright lights blue carpet was placed below instead o red through, and posters of bands and magic related stuffs littered the room.

Picture frames of a big group of people in a ship or sailing he ocean was also pinned in the walls and the closet.

"The Hallway watchers are the beasts summoned to watch over the dormitory so that students don't run off and explore after curfew, luckily there's only two of them"

Dipper looked at the older boy who had let his back fall on the bed and stretched himself.

The brunnete's curiousity flared up and it seem and he begun speculating about the so called Hallway watchers.

"Reed what do they look like!? Are they guardian types like the gargoyles? Ms. Evergreen still hasn't told us about them, right?"

Seeing the bright enthusiasm in the younger boy's eyes made Reed grin widely and he begun to explain everything he knew about the Hallway watchers.

"Their appearance is kinda like overgrown bats but with ears almost have their size. Their speciality is hearing everything single thing. Even if our dorm rooms are soundproof they could still here inside if they want to. And there weakness of that like normal bats there eyes are pretty much useless. People also know to be wary of there claws, those things could cut through metal like warm butter"

Dipper begun to take down nites on his mind and was determined to ask Bill for some more info about the bats.

'Maybe I can ask him to show me an image of one too'

He smiled at the though of discussing about this types of things with Bill. After a there was no one more knowledgeable that Bill when it comes to things like this.

"But Dipper, umm......I can't say I know how you feel since I don't, but It's you'll be alright. Just focus on your studies more and maybe you'll be able to find a way to break the mark on you. You also got Mabel and us to help you out. So don't be too hard on yourself"

Reed wearily said as the red haired boy scratched behind his head in a shy manner.

The brunnete had honestly no clue as to what the older boy was saying when he suddenly remembered what Bill had said to him earlier.

'The truth of the matter kid is that those nosy meatsacks will most probably connect those runes and my image to you having had met with a demon. All of the faculties don't know about my existence so they won't have a specific demon to connect with. But they will still think that you're under the ownership of a demon. So less meatsacks will try to harm you as well as Shooting star and unfortunately less meatsacks for me to maim and torture, really such a shame'

Dipper bit his lips at infuriation to the knowledge that now everyone at the Academy thinks that he was under the ownership of Bill like some sort of glorified sacrificial lamb in the middle of fattening.

'I still don't see what's so good about this Bill'

He sighed to himself as he pretended to Reed that, that was indeed the case.