Chapter 35

"Let's start with you Stephen, judging by your family line I know that you have already learned how to cast spells"

Claude said as he walked over to Stephen with an expression of calmness.

Stephen grimly nodded in confirmation and Claude gave him a pleased smile.

"Dipper, Mabel, both of you need to watch carefully how Stephen does it and I'll help you do the same later"

The twins thanked their senior and begun to stare at Stephen.

The raven haired boy who was normally indifferent and mysterious appeared to be awkwarded by their stares.

Stephen didn't try to look at the twins and did his best to pretend that he was alone.

After a few minutes of breathing deeply, Stephen moved to a stance and begun to focus on his magic.

"[Ignis]!"

Then like a spark triggered, a flame appeared on one of Stephen's hand.

The flame was colored smoky black and burned dimly.

Claude watched the fire with serious eyes before he closed them with a sigh.

'It's a pity that at such a young age his flame is already so deem'

Claude thought to himself before turning towards the twins to explain more about the flames.

He watched as the twins looked in fascination like they did every class at the flames.

He chuckled at the sight and hoped to see the flames from the twins burn bright.

"[Ignis] is one of the most known and used magic spell but is also the most unique. This is because the flames that is made by the caster represents their own soul. That's why no color is ever the same, some might have the same base color for example, the most common red. But it will have different tints, hue, highlights and some even had more than one color added to their fires"

Mabel squealed excitedly at the thought of what color she could possibly have and started to chat about what they think her color might be.

Claude patiently listened to the overly cheerful girl and answered more of her questions.

Stephen only watched from the side trying to make his presence unknown to Mabel to avoid an onslaught of questions and human interaction.

Dipper on the other hand was beyond confused. He had clearly heard Claude said that no flame was ever the same but he was sure that him and Bill had the same color.

No different tints, hue or anything! Their flames was completely the same. A feeling of paranoia and fear as how could that be poured in his head.

'Maybe it's because Bill is not human? I'm not an expert in colors like Mabel but I'm really sure that the color was just like Bill's. Claude is smart but maybe he got it wrong or something?'

As if sensing that something was wrong, Claude looked at Dipper and saw confusion and frustration written all over the boy's face.

"Dipper what's bothering you? If you have any questions you can ask me"

Dipper shyly nodded before shuffling closer to Mabel and in front of Claude.

"Claude is it really impossible for two people to have the same color?"

Claude pondered over the brunette's question with confusion.

To him, Dipper asked as if he had saw two person with the same flame color. But that was impossible since the first time that either twins saw dark magic or even just normal magic, was within the Academy grounds. And there was no reports of students having colors that nearly looked identical.

He looked back at the chocolate brown eyes that were anticipating some answers but sadly he shook his head.

"I'm sorry Dipper but that's just impossible"

'Unless the two people are fated pairs that came from the same soul that was separated into two'

Claude didn't add the second part of his statement because his instincts told him that doing so would be a very bad idea. But he didn't know why he felt that way and it completely bothered him.

Dipper looked down with disappointment at Claude answers before he reminded himself that he was going to cast his first ever spell in reality for the first time.

Being cheered up again, he told Claude to make Mabel try to cast the spell and to focus on her first before him.

Mabel looked at him with a touched but stubborn look.

"Dipper we're the mystery twins and we will do things at the same time! If i'm going to do this magic do hiky, I will do it with you. I don't need any advantage you know"

Mabel proudly declared and Dipper couldn't help but let out a smile of appreciation towards his twin sister.

So with Stephen choosing to join the other students to practice by himself, the twins and Claude were left on their side of the field.

Claude instructions were more difficult to understand than Bill's and Dipper was sure that without Bill making feel how it was like to make his magic flow then it would be an impossible task to do the spell within an hour and a half.

Mabel did struggle a lot especially with the concentration part bit with the instructions from Claude and him(well what Bill taught him) she managed to do it about 20 minutes from 4:30.

After saying the incantation [Ignis], magic floated around her and a very bright flame appeared on her hands.

Opening her eyes again, Mabel let out a loud scream of happiness that echoed on the whole field making a lot of students lose their focus and their spells failing.

Even Reed managed to land on his butt again after his spell exploded on his face, small parts of his hair being singed.

On Mabel's hands was a flames that was very bright and very much pink. It wasn't a hot pink kind of bright but rather a soft kind of neon pink.

The flames looked a exited and cheerful as it's maker as it burned on Mabel's hand.

She look expectantly at Dipper and Claude and wasn't disappointed when she was given proud looks and compliments.

But before she could say to Dipper that it was his turn, a gruff and sharp voice interrupted their celebration.

"If it seems that you two are already this noisy, then I think it's time for the two of you to showcase what you're learned to me"