Isaac: The Newbie Hawk

Linda's POV:

Hi! 

Hi! 

My name is Linda Tolkien! And I am the TV show hostess of the popular tv show, 'What The Heck!'. It's a show where we show the strangest things people take pictures or videos of and post on social media. And we invite the people who posted it and interview them about it. The show is a lot of fun!

Like there was this one time when someone posted a picture of their uncle's huge foot fungus on his foot, which he thankfully got fixed by the doctors. And we invited him onto the show and interviewed him about it. He said he took it while his uncle was asleep and he posted it on twitter and it went viral! Which was the reason why we showed it on our show, once something like this goes viral it comes on our show. 

Anyway, right now I am on my way to finding the manager of the show because I wanted to ask him a few questions. I've asked a few people for his location and thankfully one was able to tell me where he is. 

I finally located Tye, that's his name, and made my way towards him. 

"Hey Tye!" I call to him. 

Tye, who is a billy goat furry, turns around and sees me and waves. "Ah, Linda! What can I help you with my dear?" 

"I wanted to know if the new sound speakers arrived," I said.

"Oh they have," Tye says, nodding his head. Then he points up with his pen at where the speakers are located. "One of the newbies is already setting them up."

I look up to where he's pointing and see a black and white hawk furry is setting up the new sound speaker. And I had to admit, he is very cute. His blacks wings flap in the air as he is using his talon fingers to set up the speaker into the system. His dark, golden eyes squint in focus and concentration as he tries to put the wires together. He's dressed in a blue vest and black jeans but he's not wearing any shoes though. I guess with him having talon feet it would feel uncomfortable for him to wear shoes. 

"A newbie you say?" I said as I watch him finish on the speakers and flaps his wings to help him down. 

"Yep, he just started today. We interviewed him about 3 days ago and we called him yesterday telling him he got the job and today is his first day." Tye explains to me as he looks through his charts on his clipboard. 

"Well then, I better go greet him," I say and make my way to the hawk. 

The closer I got to him, the cuter I thought he was. And his feathers looked so soft that I wanted to reach out and feel them.

"Hi there." I greet him. 

The hawk turns around and finds me standing in front of him with a warm greeting smile.

"Oh uh," the hawk stutters at first but then regains himself. "Hi." 

"I heard that you're the newbie here today," I said. 

The hawk suddenly turns a little shy and rubs the back of his neck with his right talon hand. "Yeah, I am." 

"Well, I just wanted to come over and greet you and wish you luck on your first day here," I say, shifting my weight a little. 

"Oh, well thank you, I really appreciate that." He thanks me, smiling a sweet smile. 

"No problem," I say. "What's your name, by the way?"

"My name is Isaac." He tells me.

"Well it's nice to meet you Isaac, and welcome to the team." I greet him and hold out my hand for him to shake. 

I see a slight red on Isaac's feather cheeks and he reaches his hand towards mine and shakes my hand.

"Thanks Linda," Isaac says, saying my name for the first time. 

And I like the way it came out of his mouth too. 

"Alright people! The show starts in 1 minute! Let's get everything into position!" Tye calls out. 

Isaac and I release our hands and I clear my throat. "Well, I better get on the set before the show starts." 

"Yeah, I'll be right here watching." Isaac nods his head. 

"Good." I nod my head too and then head off to the set.