He Protects Her

Mary and Terrance

So we found out who killed George McCloud. It was his wife, who caught him sleeping around with other women so she paid a cobra furry to sneak into the club kitchen that day and put some of his venoms into his drink, which is what killed him. 

So Terrance arrested Mrs. McCloud while another team of officers are trying to locate the cobra. So for now, until the cobra is found and arrested the case is still marked unsolved. 

I'm packing up for the night cause my shift has ended. 

"Hey Mary," I look over my shoulder and see Terrance making his way to me. 

"Oh hey Terrance," I greet him back with a small smile. 

"You finished for the night?" Terrance asks me. 

"Yeah, just getting all my stuff together," I grunt a little as I try and get my jacket on. 

Terrance comes over and helps me get my jacket. 

"Thanks," I say, grabbing my bag/purse off the desk I placed it on. 

"No problem," Terrance says, "Would you like me to walk you to your car?" Terrance offers me. 

I smile at him, "I would love that."

Terrance smiles and offers me his arm for me like a gentleman. I wrap my hands around it and he escorts me to the entrance of the station. He opens the door for me and lets me walk out first before he walks out too. 

We were making our way to my car when out of nowhere, a dark figure emerges out of the shadows and into the street lights. Terrance and I stop in our tracks and see who the sudden stranger is. 

It's a cobra furry. His scales were a copper brown and they shined as he stood underneath the parking lot light. He had a long tail that held him up, making him stand tall and look all mighty and scary. His yellow eyes shines in the light. And his scaly lips were pulled up into a smirk. He was wearing a camouflage hoodie that goes almost down to his hips.

He fits the same description of the cobra Mrs. McCloud hired to kill her husband.

"Looking for me, bounty hunter?" The cobra questions Terrance. 

Terrance moves so that I'm standing behind him while he stands in front of me. "Bold move coming here," Terrance replies. 

"Yeah well, I figured that if I kill you here instead of waiting to follow you to your place, it should definetley send a message to your fellow officers," the cobra shrugs his shoulders with a menacing voice. 

Terrance glares and growls at him, "Yeah, well you'll be behind bars before you get the chance to do so."

The cobra smirks and chuckles darkly, "Oh? You and what army?" 

Then, before Terrance had time to react, the cobra swings his tail around and whacks Terrance to the ground where he grunts upon impact. I gasp in worry and fear. I was about to go to Terrance to see if he was okay when I felt my ankle being wrapped by something. And that something was the cobra's tail. 

I look at the cobra, which I instinctively regret, because when I looked into his yellow slit eyes I saw nothing but hunger and lust. 

"Well well," he purrs, "aren't you a lovely little thing. Maybe when I'm done with the bounty hunter over there I'll take you over to my place and we can have some real fun together."

I felt sick to my stomach after imagining myself being taken by this cobra. 

I then hear Terrance growl and I look over to him and see him back on his feet and he's glaring at the cobra with a wild animal rage.