First Kiss; Barbara and Lance

Barbara and Lance

It's the next day after the rattlesnake incident. Annika was taken to the nurse's office and she got her knee taken care of. And after that, the Headmaster came to visit them and gave them a stern lecture on being out late and trying to trespass on the forest furries side of the school, so they were given detention for a week. For them, that means they won't be seeing the forest furries for a while. 

I couldn't stop thinking about last night. About how Lance came to my rescue once again. And how my debt for him has grown higher than it already has. 

I know now that I need to talk to Lance about this. I can't keep a debt to him much longer. 

Right now, I, along with the other members of the Disciplinary Committee, and all the human students, are standing outside the forest furries dorm gate. Any minute now those gates will be opening and everyone will go crazy. 

"Did you hear about what happened last night?" One of the students' from behind asked one of the other students. 

"No, but I know that something must've, I mean why else is everyone riled up?" She points out. 

"Three students here got attacked by a rattlesnake furry last night," She tells her. 

I sigh through my nose and shake my head at their gossip. I swear these things never stop. 

"No way! Seriously? Who were they?" The girl asks her. 

"I didn't get the names but I do believe that one of them is on the Disciplinary Committee," She whispers. 

The girl gasps at the possibility, even though it is true. 

Then the gates of the forest furries dorm finally open, revealing the furries. And, as expected, the screams and squeals of delight boomed in my ears. I really hate it when they do that. 

But I keep my attention from the humans and to the furries. And there is Lance at the front of the group, leading the others, just like the natural-born leader. Lance's eyes wander among the crowd until finally, they land on me. He smiles at me and I give him a little smile in return. He and the others walk closer and closer to where I stand until Lance stands in front of me and stops there. 

"Hello Barbara," Lance greets me, "how're you doing this morning?"

"I'm fine," I said. 

Lance nods his head in satisfaction, "That's great to hear."

Lance starts to walk away from me, but I had to stop him because I need to talk to him. 

"Lance!" I call out to him, making him stop dead in his tracks. "There's something I need to talk to you about, can we meet after school?" I ask him, hoping he'll say yes. 

"Just the two of us?" Lance asks me, turning his sight towards me over his shoulder. 

I nod my head, "Yes."

Lance is silent for a moment until finally, he says, "Alright, after school. Meet me at the fountain."

Then he turns away and continues his way to the school along with the others. I sigh a breath out of my mouth, feeling nervous about my meeting with Lance.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The final school bell finally rang throughout the academy, which means now I can leave for my meeting with Lance. I make a quick run to my dorm where I drop off my stuff, then I leave the dorms and walk into the mini forest to find the fountain where I'm supposed to meet Lance.