They Ask/Force Them To Hang Out 2

Barbara and Lance

It was lunchtime at the academy, but I wasn't in the lunchroom though, I was outside walking around. I stop and lean against one of the pillars outside. I look around me and listen, that's when I realized how peaceful and quiet it is out here instead of loud and noisy like it is in the lunchroom. 

I lean my head against the pillar and take a few deep calming breaths. My body is finally relaxing and my mind was clear from all things. 

"Hello Barbara," Well not anymore, I look up and see Lance standing here. 

"Oh, hi Lance," I greet him back, pushing myself off the pillar. 

"I hope I'm not interrupting anything." Lance apologizes.

I shake my head. "No, no you weren't. I was just enjoying the quiet I was getting out here." I explain to him, looking around. 

Lance nods his head seeming to agree with me. "Yes, it is very peaceful outdoors instead of inside where it's loud and noisy." 

It's actually no surprise that Lance agrees with me. Since he is a woodland furry he is connected to the earth. And not only that but he also knows so much about it. I remember during the first few weeks I've spent here when I was still trying to recover from the wolf attack, Lance would always take me out into the woods that surround the academy and tell me everything he knows about the forest. 

I smile at the loving memory playing in my head. 

"What're you thinking about?" Lance asks me. 

I open my eyes and see him staring at me. 

"Oh, I uh," I stutter for a moment, "I was just remembering the first few weeks I spent here at the academy, I was still recovering from that wolf attack and you would always take me out into the woods and tell me everything you know about it." 

Lance's smile grows big and he looks out past the trees. "Yes, I remember that. We had some good times together."

I nod my head and look scenery in front of us too. I sigh in bliss through my nose and just watch everything that's around me.

"Barbara," I snap out of my trance and turn to Lance, seeing his eyes looking down on me, "I was on my way to the school fountain to relax until lunch was over, would you like to come with me?" He asks me. 

I'm gleaming with joy on the inside because of his offer, but I make sure to keep it hidden and just simply smile at him and say, "Yes, I would love to." 

Lance smiles and nods his head, "Perfect." 

Then we both make our way to the school fountain, walking side by side, just like how I want it to be. 

Elizabeth and Seth

The day of the News Conference finally came and everyone was buzzing like crazy. The crew was setting up the lighting, the cameras, the sounds, everything needed. And I'm with Seth, helping him look his best, like straightening out his tie, brushing off any dust or lint stuck on his suit, making sure his mane was tamed and not standing out. 

"Okay," I sigh in anticipation, "you remember everything in your speech?" I ask Seth. 

Seth takes a deep breath in his nose and exhales through his mouth. "Yes, I've rehearsed my speech numerous times throughout this week and I'm certain I've gotten every word down."

"Alright, but if there are some parts of the speech you forget, not that you will," I mutter that last part nervously, which makes Seth chuckle, "just look at me and I'll mouth the words to you." 

"Right," Seth nods his head and then he hears his name being called by the producer, telling him they were ready for him on set, Seth sighs and looks down at me. "Alright, wish me luck." 

I nod my head and make my way over to the producer and stand beside him while Seth takes a seat behind his desk. 

I look at the laptop and see we are on in less than 10 seconds. "Okay, sir! In 5, 4, 3, 2, 1" I count down, mouthing the last two numbers to him, and we were live national television. 

"Good evening citizens," Seth begins by greeting the live audience, "in the past few weeks of the campaign between me and Will Sheffield, I've noticed that my opponent has been saying things to try and confuse people. Saying things like how prey should overpower predators, carnivores are out to kill us, and having me, Seth Lionheart, as mayor is an endangerment to society! When I heard about this, it's like he's saying that herbivores and carnivores cannot be able to co-exist together because of the past facts and theories about us before we became what we are now. And yes, I do agree that is how things used to be back in the old days. But please, listen to my keywords, it's how we USED to be. But when we animals became what we are now, we've learned to co-operate with each other. And soon after that, we've learned to co-operate with humans. And look at us now, herbivores and carnivores living together with humans on one, peaceful, Earth! And we have been living like this for years now. Let's not end it now because of some now extinct facts and no more existing theories. Thank you for your time." Seth nods at the camera in farewell. 

"And we're out!" The producer shouts and everything shut off. 

The lights, the cameras, the sound, everything was turned off and everyone was talking around us. 

I make my way over to Seth as he stands up and wipes his face with a towel he was given. "Sir, that was amazing! You performed that speech wonderfully." 

Seth turns to me and smiles. "You think so?" 

I nod my head yes. "Absolutely! That speech will get you up in the polls for sure." 

"I sincerely hope so." Seth sighs as he also uses the towel to wipe under his mane. "Oh, Beth there is something I would like to ask you."

My heartbeat picks up a little bit after hearing that. Sometimes I wish I can make that stop but apparently I can't control my heart. 

"Yes, sir?" I encourage him to go on. 

"I have reservations at Olive Garden for a little victory lunch this afternoon and I was wondering if you would like to accompany me?" Seth asks me with a little hopefulness in his voice. 

My eyes widen in surprise at his request. "You want me to accompany you for lunch?" I ask to make sure I was hearing right. 

Seth nods his head. "That's right." 

"Uh, but wouldn't you rather go on a lunch like that with your wife?" It killed me inside to ask him that, but I was curious though so I wanted to know. 

Seth sighs and explains to me, "I did ask her this morning after I made the reservations, but she said she already has plans made. I asked her if they were important then she got mad at me for interrogating her and then she storms off like she always does." 

I glance down feeling sad for Seth. Seth has tried hard to find time to spend with his wife, but she seems to always come up with new plans or excuses to not go. It's been happening for quite a long time now. I bet it happened even before I started working for Seth.

"And I don't want to cancel the reservations and I don't want to go alone. So I thought why not ask you if you." Seth explains his reasons. 

Well, it does sound sad for a lion to go on a victory lunch by himself without anyone to celebrate with. And besides, it's not like it'll be a date or anything, even though I would like it to be, it's just lunch between a boss and his aide. People will probably believe it to be a business dinner.  

"Yes sir," I say, "I would love to go." 

Seth beams with delight. "Wonderful! Well, we better get going before we lose that reservation."  

We both make our way out of the building and into the parking lot, where we both get in his car and drive off to Olive Garden.