First Kiss; Susan and Ray

Susan and Ray

I'm standing outside my boss's office, waiting for him to finish the lecture he's giving those two guys. 

To remind you all about what happened, the same jock who tried to get me to come to his party, came back and tried to ask me out but I turned him down. He didn't like being rejected at all. He grabbed me forcefully and was calling me names, but then a fox furry came in and defended me. It ended up leading to a brawl between the two. But then my boss came in and separated the two and took them to his office. 

And I'm waiting out here so that I could to talk to the fox. I want to thank him for helping me with that jock, and I want to find out once and for all if he's my secret admirer. I rethink on all the clues he's given me in his letters. He's given himself many names, like sneaky, red hot, foxy, my knight in shining fur, and rockin'. And he's also given clues like he's been at the music store many times and has watched me from afar, his favorite genre is rock n' roll, his favorite color is grey, he's also sneaky and quiet as a cat but he can fight and growl like a dog. 

It seems to me that the clues point out to him. And now I want to find out if he is the one. 

Just then the door opens and my boss and the jock come waltzing out of the office. The jock glances at me and glares but continues to walk away. I felt a shiver run up my spine, feeling a little scared of him. But I put my fear aside and walk inside my boss's office.

And there he is, getting up from the chair and dusting off his leather jacket. His large bushy tail fluffs up a bit and his ears twitch, listening around. 

Deciding to make my presence noticeable, I clear my throat as loudly as I can. He heard it cause his ears perk up and he turns around and sees me standing there. His face brightens up at the sight of me and it makes me feel warm inside. 

"Hey," He greets me first. 

"Hi," I whispered loud enough for him to hear. Then I cleared my throat and say, "I wanted to tell you thank you for defending me against that guy."

The fox shrugs his shoulders and says, "Hey, it was no problem, I mean it wasn't right for that guy to act that way, he should've just accepted the fact that you aren't interested in him and just walked away."

I nod my head in agreement, he was acting out of line, he was being as stubborn as an ox. No offense to all the ox furries out there. 

It became silent at first but then the fox spoke first, "So," the fox clears his throat and asks, "are you okay? You know after that whole thing?"

I nod my head, "Yeah I'm fine. A little shaken up but fine."

"That's good," he says. Then he looks down at my neck and sees my necklace, "I like your necklace."

I look down at my necklace and smile at the sight of it, "Thank you." 

"Where'd you get it?" He asks, taking a step closer to me. 

"Oh uh, a special friend gave it to me," I said, fiddling with the pick. 

"Really? Who's that?" He asks, taking another step. 

"Well," I begin, "he's someone who pretty much came out of the blue, even though he's been there most of the time and I just didn't know he was there."

"Mm-hm," He encourages me to go on.

"And he's told me some very sweet things like, how he likes my voice, and how pretty I am, and how he understands how shy I am and he says he wants to approach me one step at a time," I quote one of his lines in his letters, "And he's also very protective of me, not just physically but also emotionally." 

He smiles then he takes one last step closer to me and grabs hold of my hand gently. "Don't forget, he also sees you as the most beautiful and special girl in the world." 

I stare into his aqua blue eyes, getting lost in them as I'm listening to him speak. "And he's wanted to introduce himself to you for a long time, but he was worried that he would mess up, especially since you were so shy when it comes to meeting new people. So after some help, he figured out a way to say hello to you."

Then, the next thing I knew, we both are leaning towards each other and his soft furry lips press against mine. I felt my shyness fly away like a bird and my confidence comes rushing forward like a courageous horse facing his foe. I wrap my arms around his neck and he wraps his around my waist. 

I am so happy right now! I'm having my first kiss with my secret admirer, who happens to be a rock n' roll loving fox. I never really thought that I would be able to find out who he is. I was never the detective type and I was too scared to see if it was true. But I figured it out and my admirer has finally revealed himself to me. 

Unfortunately, we both needed air so we part from the kiss and we stare into each other's eyes. 

"It's nice to finally meet you," I greet him with a smile on my lips. 

He smiles back and says, "My name's Ray by the way."