He Protects Her 4

Susan and Ray

I wasn't supposed to be working today but my boss called me and told me that one of his staff members called in sick and he needs someone to cover his shift, so he asked me if I could do it. I told him yes cause one, that would mean some more money for my pay, and two, I had nothing else to do today so work is better. 

I'm putting up some new t-shirts that are on sale when I was interrupted by a familiar person. 

"Well well, if it isn't the pretty cashier girl," the same jock who came to buy some CDs for his party and tried to get me to come too. 

"Can I help you?" I ask him, trying to do my job. 

"Well, as a matter of fact, you can cutie," the jock says, "since we didn't get the chance to know each other at my party, I'm hoping we can get to know each other through a date instead."

Ugh! How many times do I have to tell this guy no?! Having him constantly hitting on me is starting to get on my nerves 

"I'm going to tell you this, and hopefully for the last time, no," I said. 

I turn my back to him and go back to putting those shirts up. But obviously, the guy would just not leave me alone. 

"Okay, listen," He turns me around and has me face him, "I am one of the most popular guys' ever and no girl has ever said no to me, but you, your constant rejection is irritating me." 

Okay, now this guy is starting to scare me. I don't like seeing people angry, it makes me nervous and sick to my stomach. "Well I'm sorry, but I'm not interested in you, now leave me alone," I tell him. 

I turn away from him again and try to walk away, but then I feel my arm being grabbed by the jock. 

"Alright listen you," the jock growls out, "I will not be rejected by a small, weak, little-"

"Hey!" A voice shouts at him. We both look and see it's the fox. "Leave her alone!" He orders the jock. 

"Or what foxy?" the jock mocks him, letting go of my arm and slowly walks over to him. "What exactly are you gonna do about it?"

The fox then grabs him by the collar of his shirt, lifts him a little off the ground, and shoves him back, making the jock tumble backward and walk right into a display shelf, causing them both to fall. The jock grunts and groans as he gets up off the ground, then he shifts his eyes to the fox and glares at him.

"Why you-" He growls then charges towards the fox. 

The next thing I knew, they were both fighting each other. Throwing punches, jabs, and kicks at one or the other. People around see the brawl and gather around the two chanting 'fight, fight'. I try to tell everyone to stop, but they wouldn't listen to me. 

Things were starting to get out of hand, but thankfully my boss comes over and breaks up the fight. "Alright! Alright! Both of you, enough!" He yells at the two, grabbing them by the jackets and separating them. 

The two boys in his grip pant in exhaustion from the fight. They both look pretty beaten up, the jock had bruises and scrapes on his face while the fox's fur was out of place in some areas.  

"Alright people, the show's over! Nothin' else to see here!" My boss tells everyone, and they all walk away like as if nothing happened. "Now you two, come with me to my office!" He orders the two guys he still had in his grip.

As my boss leads them to his office, the fox turns his head and looks at me. His face is full of concern and care. And that's when it hit me, all the clues that my admirer have given me in his letters lead to the fox. And when that jock was continuously bugging me, he came to my aid. And that look he just gave me said it all.