He's Showing Signs 4

Susan and Ray

I finish my shift at work today and I'm in the breakroom, unlocking my locker, feeling slight excitement for my next letter from my admirer. 

I open my locker door and catch the letter before it falls. But I feel there's something solid inside of it. 

I take the sticker off and place it in the usual place with the others, then open the envelope and take out the letter. I unfold it and read the words my admirer wrote to me. 

'Dear Susan,

Today not only do I write you a letter, 

But I am also giving you a gift,

I had this special gift made for you,

It was made from something I got a long time ago at my first concert when I was thirteen,

It was very special to me, 

That is until I found you, 

So I've decided to have it customed as a special gift for you, 

I hope you like it, 

Sincerely, 

Your Rockin' Admirer <3'

I smile at the words he's written. They were so sweet and almost lyrical. But when I look in the envelope, I see that there is something inside it. I reach in and grab it and pull it out of the envelope. I gasp in awe and adoration at the gift. 

It was a golden guitar pick that has words engraved 'I pick you' with a carved-out heart in the very middle of it. And it was held by a gold chain. It's so beautiful! The gold shines in the breakroom light, making it almost enchanting. 

I decide that I'm going to wear this tomorrow and from then on, so that way my admirer can see how much I love my gift. 

Ray's POV:

The next day, I decided to go to the music shop. One, because there's this new album by Seether, he's one of my favorite rock n' roll artists, and two, I wanted to see if Susan got my gift. 

One of my friends took welding classes, and when I told him that I wanted to make a gift for Susan, which he teased about, he agreed to help. So I had him carve the words on the guitar pick I had and carve a heart, also poke a small hole so that way we could put the ring through and attach the chain. And it came out perfect. 

Then the next day after it was completed, I wrote my letter to Susan and put my gift in the envelope and went to the music shop, snuck in the breakroom and put the letter in Susan's locker. 

And now today, I come to the shop again to hopefully see if Susan loves my gift. 

I enter the shop and look for the CD Album. I find it in the rock n' roll aisle and grab it. Now I search around for Susan. I search through a few aisles until finally, I find her in the classical music aisle, stacking CDs and tapes. But as I watch her doing her job, I see that she's wearing the guitar pick around her neck. 

I'm filled with joy as I see her wearing my gift. It proves that she might actually return my feelings. 

Coraline and Tobias

One of my friends invited me to a beach trash pick-up fundraiser. There is so much litter on the beach that it's disturbing mother nature. So my friends and I, and some fellow nature lovers, go to help clean up the beach.

I'm picking up some plastic bottles when I heard a familiar voice call out my name. 

"Hey, Coraline!" I look over my shoulder and see that it's Toby. I see that his friends were here too. 

"Hi Toby," I greet him back. 

He smiles at me and looks around. "So are you guys helping to clean up the beach?" He asks. 

"Yes," I said, "we're cleaning it from all the trash and litter that people inconsiderately leave behind without a care," I growl out the last words in anger, thinking about how careless and selfish people can be. 

But I immediately snap out of my anger and clear my throat, thinking how embarrassing it is to have Toby see me like that. But Toby doesn't seem weirded out by it.

"Yeah, I know what you mean," He agrees with me as he looks around the beach and sighs in disapproval, "people just don't seem to care that the more they toss away anything that's plastic, paper, or even metal, the more they are hurting the environment." 

I sigh and nod my head in agreement. Sometimes I wish I wasn't born a human because of how disgusted I am with my own kind. 

"Hey uh, Coraline?" I look up at Toby with a curious expression. "Do you know where I can get another one of those bags?"

I point over to Alyssa, the girl who's in charge of putting together this whole thing, "Over there."

He nods and says thanks then he walks over to Alyssa. I go back to pick up the plastic bottles and grocery bags that are left on the ground. But then I was doing so, someone comes over and joins me. I look up and see it's Toby. 

A hidden smile appears on my face as I watched him pick up the trash. From then on, we work together in picking up the trash. As we were doing so, we talked and told stories and funny jokes, well Toby was the one telling the jokes while I just chuckle or scoff amusingly. 

It felt great working together with Toby, cleaning up one of our beloved places on earth.