Seth: The Mayor Lion

This photo came as close as to what I was looking for on Seth.

Elizabeth's POV:

Hello

Hello. 

My name is Elizabeth Carter. And I work for my town mayor, Seth Lionheart, as his aide. It is a very exciting and challenging job. Get to work on important things for the town, see and meet new and important people, even go to new places with the mayor. 

It's great working here! Except for one thing though, I have a huge crush on my boss, the Mayor of my town. 

Yes, it's true. When I first started working here for Seth, I felt these weird emotions in my heart and stomach. The feeling of butterflies every time I see him or when he looks my way. My heart thumping like crazy whenever I hear his strong yet gentle voice. Him being on my mind all the time no matter how hard I try to focus on my work. I was practically showing all the signs. It wasn't until one of my co-workers pointed out what was happening to me. At first, I was very shocked to hear her say that I have a crush on our mayor. But then I stopped to think of it and I realized that she was right. But I also remembered something. 

He's married. 

That's right, I have a crush on my boss, who happens to be married. 

It broke my heart realizing the truth of reality. I could never have a chance with Seth because he's married to a lioness, a female who is one of his species. And she's also very beautiful and smart. They do look happy together. But I just can't help but have these feelings for Seth. No matter how hard I try to get over my crush on him, they always come back every time he's near me or does something that makes my heart flutter. 

I just have to keep trying until my crush for him finally passes on. 

Right now I'm working in our office, doing some paperwork when Seth walked into the room, after being visited by the press.

"Oh, what a day," Seth sighs in exhaustion. 

"A rough day sir?" I ask, feeling sorry for him. 

Seth sighs and rubs his temple with his thumb and pointing finger. "It's the annoying press. I swear Beth," I offered him to call me Beth, which is my nickname, and he seems to prefer to call me that instead of my full name, which is perfectly fine by me, "they are like bugs. They just keep buzzing around you until finally you snap and lose your patience with them."

"Sorry to hear that sir," I apologize to him but then I remembered that I had something important to give him. "Oh sir, before I forget, I got William Sheffield's new campaign ad." I push away from my desk and show him the videotape I got. 

Seth has a re-election coming up between him and William Sheffield, who is a sheep. Yes, very strange to hear a sheep running against a lion for mayor, but hey if the furries can be born anything is possible. 

Anyway, this perked up Seth's attention. "Oh, well put it in the VHS and let's watch it." Seth orders. 

I nod and walk over to the VHS, which is hooked to his flat-screen TV. Seth turns on the VHS and the TV with the remote that he keeps on his desk. Then once they both were on, I put the videotape in the VHS and pressed the play button. I hurried my way over to Seth and stood by his side and watched the tape with him. 

And let me tell you it was one strange video. William, in his video, was telling about how having Seth, who is a lion, meaning that he is in the carnivore side of the animal kingdom, is a bad thing. And how he's letting predators' roam free to hunt and harm all herbivore animals. During the video, I turned my attention to Seth, who also turned to me with a questioned look on his face. I just shrugged my shoulders, feeling as confused as he is. Then we both turned our attention back to the video and watched it till the end, where William says that with him Mayor, all herbivores can work together to tower over the carnivores and live in peace. Then the video was finally over, leaving me and Seth shock and confusion, even a little disgusted. 

"Uh, either that was a campaign ad or it was some kind of sick parody video," I spoke, breaking the silence. 

Seth shakes his head and walks around his desk. "What in the world is that sheep talking about?" He questions as he sits down in his chair. "It's like he's saying that carnivores and herbivores cannot be able to co-exist together. And that they should be on top of the tower in the animal kingdom." Seth says in pure disgust. 

"He was probably using the old facts about how animals used to be before the furries were born," I explain to him. 

"Yeah, USED to be," He highlighted my words to me, "that's how animals used to be Beth before we became as intelligent and civilized as humans are now. When we were becoming what we are now, we began to co-operate with each other. And after that we began to co-operate with humans. And look at us now," Seth sits up from his chair and walks around his desk again, "humans and animals, both herbivores and carnivores, living together, all happy in peace!" 

I secretly watch in amazement as he gives a speech on how our society is now. This is one of the things I love about him, how he sees the truth, and how he wants everyone to be able to exist together with no problems about our species, no matter what anyone else says or thinks. 

"Well then maybe that's what you need to remind everybody," I suggest to him after he finishes his speech. 

Seth stops and thinks about it for a minute then nods his head. "Yeah, yeah you're right Beth, I need to remind everyone about how we all learned to live together, no matter what our differences or species are," He says with a big smile. Then he turns to me and orders, "Beth, I want you to call the TV station and tell them that we are wanting to have a News Conference right here in the office."

I nod my head, feeling excitement bursting in me. "Yes, sir." I was about to turn and head to my desk but I stop and turn to Seth and say to him, "Oh, by the way sir, a suggestion, you should make that whole speech you just said as your speech for the News Conference it's very inspiring." 

Seth looks at me with his thinking look on. "You think so?" He asks me. 

I nod my head and hum 'mm-hm' as my answer. Seth thinks about it for a minute and stars nodding his head. 

"Yeah, maybe I should." Then Seth does something that made my heart beat more than a mile, he reaches his paw over to me and caresses my cheek. "Thank you Beth, I don't know what I would do right now if you weren't here." 

I try and stay focus, trying not to think about my feelings, but I can't get over how soft his paw feels against my skin. 

"M-my pleasure, sir," I finally muster up some words.

Seth nods and takes his paw then walks away from me and over to his desk. I snap out of my daze and finally turn around and walk to my desk and then sat down in my chair, grabbing my phone and dialing the number for the News Station.

He is making it very hard for me to get over my crush on him.