First Kiss; Jennifer and Jordan

Jennifer and Jordan

I'm working at the Blue Lagoon Water Park today. But my thoughts weren't focused on work, it's focused on what happened last night. If you recall, I got yelled at by stupid George because I ran off after calling Ally a b**** for some mean things she said to me, and Jordan, he stood up to George for me! I have never seen anyone stand up to George before and tell Ally off. Nobody has any guts to do it, well, except for Jordan.

I barely slept at all last night after Jordan left and everyone went to bed. I kept replaying the whole scene in my head. And as it was doing so, I also started to feel differently towards Jordan. Like at first I thought he was an annoying, pestering, egotistical, possessive shark. But now, I think he's a strong, caring, protective, and sort of cute shark. I am so confused, but I knew I had to thank Jordan for what he did. 

Which is why I'm also keeping an eye out for Jordan while I was working. I'm hoping he's here today, he seems to come here a lot with his friends. 

Then, as if luck was on my side, I spot Jordan and his shark friends heading over to the food court, laughing and talking. Now's my chance to give him my gratitude. I stop what I'm doing and walk over to Jordan and his friends. My heart is beating like crazy in my chest and I feel like I'm gonna throw up. But, I try and calm myself as I walk closer to them. 

One of Jordan's friends notices me and taps Jordan on the shoulder. Jordan turns to see what it was and his red eyes land on me. His facial expression softens and he greets me with a small smile, which I return with my own. 

"Hey Jen," He greets me. 

"Hey Jordan," I greet him back.

"How've you been doing?" He asks me. 

I shrug my shoulders a little, "I'm doing okay, better than I was yesterday."

Jordan nods his head and says, "That's good."

I'm feeling so nervous, but I make sure not to show it. I look up at Jordan and ask, "In fact, is it okay if I talk to you, alone?"

He looks a little surprised but shakes it off, "Uh, yeah sure definitely."

I nod my head in gratitude and walk ahead with Jordan following behind me. 

"Yeah! Get it Jordan!" I hear one of his friends shout and cheer. With the others following along.

I roll my eyes at his friends' antics. They may be grown, but they still act like children. 

"Oh, you guys grow up!!" Jordan shouts at them. 

His friends' laughter fades into the loud noises of the crowd as we make our way to one of the staff sheds. I turn around the corner and lean against the wall of the shed and Jordan stands in front of me. 

I take a deep breath and finally speak, "I want to thank you for standing up to George for me last night."

Jordan shakes his head, "It was no big deal, Jen."

I nod my head, "Yes it is. Jordan, no one has EVER stood up to George before, EVER! No one has ever had the guts to do that. He's a total pushover and a jerk, I don't know what my mom sees in him at all. See, ever since mom and I lost my dad, she thought that she could never be happy again like she was when my dad was around, but then she met George. I don't know what it is that makes her think that he's the perfect guy, but he's not. And my mom, apparently, is too blind to see that. I love her, but sometimes I think she's too nice for her own good." 

I look up at Jordan and see he's really listening and understanding every word I'm saying. 

"George has never liked me," I continue, "after taking one look at me, he thought that I am nothing but a bad kid. Someone who just loves to get into trouble and hang around with the wrong crowd. He thinks his daughter is the perfect child, but she's not. She's a spoiled brat who believes she can do or say whatever she wants just because her daddy lets her. And sometimes, when my mom isn't around to hear it, George asks me 'why can't you be more like my daughter?'! I'm sick and tired of George and his bratty daughter always talking down on me and thinking that I'm nothing but an annoying, trouble-making, pest! But I'm not!!" I yell and kick one of the spare garbage cans beside me, knocking it over to the ground.

I cross my arms tightly to my body and look down at my shoes, almost feeling like I want to cry. And it's starting to become hard for me to hold it back. 

But then I felt Jordan's hand grab my chin and lift my head, making me look into his soft red eyes. 

"You're right Jen," He says, "You're not an annoying, trouble-making, pest. You are not a bad kid who just loves to get herself into trouble and hang around with the wrong people. And you don't need to be more like Allison. I don't want you to be like her at all, except yourself. You, Jen, are the complete opposite of Allison and all the other girls here. You don't care about putting make-up on your pretty face, or how to style your hair perfectly, or how pretty your nails should look. You don't care about any of those things. What you do care about is people. You care about your family, especially your mom. And you care about your job, you work hard and do your best here and that's why everyone loves you so much. And I'm sure your mom loves you too, she's just blinded by George because he's got her thinking that he's all she needs. But that's not true, you're the one your mom needs. Always."

I smile softly at his sweet and caring words. Those words are making my confidence build up. The last person who told me stuff like that and how special I am was my dad. And since he died, there was no one left to make me feel special again. But now I have Jordan here. It almost feels like that empty spot in my life is now being filled again. 

I look at the ground and brush my parted hair behind my ear, then I look back at Jordan, who's still smiling at me. 

"I appreciate that Jordan," I say, "and I'll say thank you again for standing up to George."

Jordan waves his hand back and forth, "Like I said, no big deal."

I nod my head then I take a deep breath and prepare myself for the one thing I've been thinking about doing since last night. 

"And one more thing," I say. 

I grab his tank top, pull him down towards me, and I kiss his warm and soft cheek. I feel Jordan freeze in place as soon as I place that kiss. I pull away and release Jordan's tank top from my grip and I stare at his face. 

His eyes are widened and his mouth was nothing but a flat line and he just stood there still like a statue. 

I fiddle with my shirt and say to him with a slightly shy tone, "And uh, that was for all those nice things you said to me." 

He still didn't say anything after that so I figured I should just leave and see him later. I was about to turn the corner of the shed and get back to work when I felt the back of my shirt being grabbed and I'm pulled back behind the shed and pressed against the wall. 

I look up and find Jordan with his usual smirk now replacing his face. I glare at him and was about to open my mouth and say something but he beats me to it. 

"Another thing you should know about sharks Jen," He mutters and leans forward, "Never tease them and turn your back on them. Otherwise, you'll end up getting one of these."

And I could prevent it, Jordan presses his lips against mine. My eyes widen in surprise as I feel his soft lips kissing mine. And the crazy thing, I didn't want to push him away and punch him in the face like I would've originally done. Instead, I want to kiss him back. I wanna wrap my arms around him, hold him close, and kiss him back. And that's just what I did. I close my eyes, raise my arms, and wrap them around his neck, while he wraps his arms around my waist, and I kiss him back. Jordan moans/growls in pleasure as our lips move together like waves against each other. 

And even though this feels amazing, I know that I'm not gonna hear the end of this from him.