Break Up - 2na

Mina and Sana were the unexpected couple of the group. Sana's loud personality compared to Mina's quiet one was one for the books. Of course people turned around and always said opposites attract. They were adorable at first. Stolen kisses when the other wasn't looking, adorable hand holding. Sana of course making Mina blush uncontrollably twenty-four seven.  

Things were... Great. 

Until two years into their relationship. 

When Mina had gone home for recovery, Sana was the supportive girlfriend. Sending her love and many, many photos. Both of them staying up into the odd hours of the night talking about their days and falling asleep to each other on their video calls. A month into it all, the video calls were quieter... Shorter... Until they stopped for a few days, just to have it restart again for a week.

At first Mina passed it off as her being tired from the back-to-back schedules. She had gone days before not talking to her mom from it all. So she understood. When the group managed to make it to Japan, Sana barely spent any time with her, focusing on spending time with her own family. Again, something she understood since they didn't get to see them as often as they'd like. 

With the second month came more hardship. Mina began to fall into a darker hole, her own feelings getting the better of her. She would message Sana about her feelings, waiting for her to respond. Sana would only send a frowny face, with a 'we'll see each other soon. I just need time.' causing Mina to slowly grow more frustrated with her girlfriend.

It wasn't until they actually met up that Mina had unintentionally started being passive aggressive. 

"Why aren't you holding my hand?" Sana pouted while looking at Mina as they walked. 

"My hands are cold." She mumbled while shoving her hands deeper in her coat pocket. Sana glanced at her with a look of concern. Usually they still held hands, but their hands were always tucked into the other's pocket. 

"Okay.." Sana sighed. She knew Mina was always so introverted and didn't like showing affection in public. They were in the middle of walking down the street, which made sense. 

When they were walking down a small path through a park, Sana reached out to hold onto Mina's arm. Causing her to flinch at the sudden reaction. Sana pulled her hand away, shocked that she would react in such a way. Both of them stood in the cold, staring at each other, waiting for some kind of reaction. Mina decided to turn herself back, taking a few steps before waiting on Sana, who followed behind her quickly. 

"Mina!" Sana frowned while trying to catch up to her. When she did, Sana swore she could see a disappointed look on her face. "I have a few days here in Japan before I fly back.. We could do something together?" She asked. 

"Can't. Family stuff." Mina shrugged.

"Oh... Maybe when you're done?" She asked. Mina shrugged while walking. They exited the park, waiting at the light for the signal to change. "Can you cut it with the passive aggressiveness already?" Sana scoffed to herself. Mina glanced over, seeing Sana's eyes showing both anger and sadness. 

"I'm not being passive aggressive." Mina rolled her eyes, looking back at the signal light. 

"Yes you are." Sana frowned. 

The light changed, signalling for them to walk. Mina was always extra cautious, looking both ways before stepping out into the road. Once she deemed it clear, she walked with Sana right next to her. 

"I'm not." Mina mumbled. They safely crossed the street, Mina subconsciously walking faster down the new path. 

"Then why are you walking so fast? Are you trying to lose me?" Sana frowned. Mina stopped in her tracks, looking back to see her girlfriend a few steps behind her. "What did I even do to make you feel like this?" She asked. 

"What did you do?!" Mina shouted. Sana jumped at the sudden tone and watched her. "You ignored me for days. I saw the live videos, the instagram posts, the everything." She snapped. "You couldn't have spared one second to send a "Hi I'm going to be very busy today" text?!" Mina frowned. "Even a message that was replied to every few hours... I can handle that. But days Sana... Days!" Mina shouted. 

It was the truth, Sana was constantly on her phone... But didn't reply to her messages. 

"You can't even apologize for something like that..." Mina sighed. "But... For some fucked reason, I still love you." She sniffed. 

"Some fucked reason?" Sana scoffed. 

"Yes! For some fucked reason!" Mina repeated. "I still love you and want this to magically work out." Mina frowned. 

"Mina... I.. I'm sorry..." Sana whispered. 

"Sorry? You're sorry?" Mina scoffed. "I don't believe you." Sana looked up at her with tears in her eyes. "No. You can't start crying. I'm so over this." Mina turned on her heel and started walking down the path. 

Sana stood there, watching her walk away as tears ran down her cheeks. She ran to catch up to her, grabbing her arm to stop her. 

"Let go of me." Mina shook her arm free, watching Sana shake her head. 

"Please Mina..." Sana sniffed. "I'm sorry... You have to know I mean it." She cried quietly. 

"No! I don't know that you mean it! You.. You just keep flirting with these other people like its nothing. Even right in front of me! I'm so over it... And to completely ignore me... I can't...." Mina frowned, taking in a deep breath before letting it out slowly. She didn't want to cry. Not here and not now. 

"Please Mina...." Sana whispered. 

"I don't see this working out anymore.... We should just breakup if this is how it's going to be." She finally spoke. 

"No, no." Sana's eyes grew wide. "Y-you can't do that." She cried. "I love you Mina..." She sniffed. 

"Sana... No you don't." Mina fought hard to keep the tears at bay. "You never loved me. You only loved the idea of me." Mina whispered. "And I wasted so much time... Convincing myself that you really did love me..." She frowned. Sana shook her head, she couldn't let this happen. 

"Mina... No.. Think about all the nights we had together.." Her hand flew up to hold Mina's face, pulling her close. Mina shook her head, pulling herself away from her. "Mina please.. Please don't leave me.." She cried. 

"Sana... I can't keep doing this." Mina turned away from her, a few tears falling as she looked away. "It's over..." She bit her lip, trying to hold it together as she walked away from her. 

Sana stood there, tears flowing down her cheeks now. Mina continued to walk, she wasn't far from home. So she continued on the path, tears slowly falling as she walked in the cold. Sana found a bench and sat herself down, putting her face in her hands as she dialed the only other number she could at this point. 

"Did she say yes?!" Momo excitedly asked on the phone.

"She broke up with me." Sana sniffed. "Please tell me you're still in Japan." Sana cried. 

"Yes, oh my god. I'm coming. Send me your location." Momo spoke quickly. Sana send her her location, hanging up in the process. She reached into her coat pocket, pulling out the small, black, velvet box. More tears were falling as she opened it, looking at the small ring. She would never say yes now...