Prior Life - 2na (Hybrid AU)

You can't stop me. I'm back on my sh*t. And I love this AU.

Mina didn't remember her early life much. She just knew she lived in a giant mansion with an elderly lady and a ton of servants. She would focus all of her time and energy on being a good kitten for her owner, smiling and playing with the mice the lady offered her.

"You are the most special kitten." The elderly woman smiled while rubbing her ears. Mina let out a small mew, rubbing her cheeks against the woman's frail fingers. "Oh I hope to see you grow up more." She sighed. Mina tilted her head, she was still small when she was adopted by the woman.

She remembers playing with other kittens that looked kind of like her, but then being taken away by a man. Then she ended up here. She grew up in the mansion, knew every single floor layout by heart.

When the elderly woman was hospitalized, Mina didn't know what to do. She curled up in the woman's giant bed, crying quietly waiting for her to come home. The servants frowned while they watched her. Mina wouldn't eat for days, hardly moved except when she thought she heard the woman.

After a week the woman was brought home, but with machines and everything else Mina didn't like.

"Mina... Come sweetie." She whispered. Mina's ears perked up at the sound of her owners voice, smiling and curling up with her on the giant bed. "You've been a good kitten to me." She smiled, her hand resting on Mina's head. Giving light ear scratches as the two drifted into a deep slumber.

Of course... Mina was the only one to wake up the next morning.

Days she cried in the bed. The servants helped her dress in funeral attire, taking her to the wake and remaining services. Her tail swished back and forth as she watched the coffin being lowered into the ground. She held onto the servant's hand tightly, tears falling as she watched.

They let her mourn in the giant bed. Mina noticed less and less servants were around.. People coming in to take things away. It wasn't until a week later the entire mansion was empty except her. There was hardly anything there that reminded her of the elderly woman. So she went to her hiding place, picking up the folder that the woman had told her was extremely important and to hide it well. Her other items of importance were there too. A little bag for the folder, a stuffed mouse and a thing of yarn. She packed them all away, and took one last look at the mansion before leaving.

She was on the streets for weeks before someone tipped the shelter off about her activities. She was a terrible alley cat.

So there she was, sitting in a cage with her bag in hand, crying as they took her to a shelter. When they arrived, they put her in a private area, letting her get used to everything as they looked over the things in her bag. When they came across her pedigree papers, they knew why she was a terrible alley cat now. The poor thing had never seen the outside ever.

"Mina... Sweetie." The shelter employee whispered. Mina burst into a fresh set of tears, cowering in the corner of the little cage. The employees let her cry, keeping her away from other kittens just in case.

She was there for months. People glancing at her in the cage before she hid from view. People didn't want shy kittens. They wanted ones who would play.

"We have this one... She's been here awhile.." Mina heard the employee mumble. "We assume she doesn't know how to talk since she doesn't..." He sighed.

"How long?" A feminine voice asked. Mina's ears flicked at the tone. It seemed like the person cared. But she didn't move. She stayed hidden under her bed. The only thing showing was the tip of her dark brown tail.

"Three months now. You would think with her looks she would've been adopted by now, but... she's so skittish.." He explained.

"Can you let me in? I want to talk with her." The voice was gentle. Mina didn't move, she knew the woman was just going to leave her like everyone else. "Little kitty... Come here." The voice was gentle, hearing the small footsteps as the woman approached her carefully. Mina slid her tail closer to her, hiding herself completely under the bed.