Water Friend - Minayeon

A/N: ahh. Guys I'm slowly coming back. My inspiration is slowly coming. I know I say this a lot, I'm trying. I really am. It took me hours to write this, six drafts it took before I could even figure out everything. Again, another extremely vague prompt... I really don't know how to stress this, but I really need you guys to be a little more specific with your requests. Prompts with ships. No more just ships and hoping for the best.. Please? Thank you.

Requested: Mihyun_Wenrene

Nayeon always loved the beach, she just couldn't swim very well. She sat at the edge of a dock, with her legs dangling in the water, watching the little ripples and waves coming in. She glanced down and saw seals swimming around, something normal since they usually hung out on the docks. She saw a bright flash of green and white, causing her to do a double take.

"What..?" She whispered. She heard the splashing of the seals, watching them surface and place themselves on the dock opposite to her. That's when she saw it, another human surfacing with them, laughing with them. She wanted to say hello, but the 'human' lifted herself out of the water, showing off a green and white patterned tail.

She watched in awe, until the creature caught sight of her and dove back in the water. A few seals followed her, trailing behind her quickly. She frowned when the creature disappeared, but thought maybe she imagined it. Until a few minutes later, the creature surfaced again with the seals next to her.

"She's nice?" The creature whispered. Nayeon opened her bag, pulling out the bag of food she usually fed the seals. "Oh. This human." The creature swam closer, cautious of the human.

"Hi." Nayeon smiled.

"My friends say you feed them in the hard times." The creature had a quiet voice.

"Hard times?" Nayeon frowned.

"The humans fish too much..." the creature frowned. "We don't have much food..." She sighed. "But you feed my friends. I am thankful for you." She smiled. Nayeon smiled at her watching her carefully.

"Do you have a name?" She asked.

"Name?" The creature tilted her head at Nayeon.

"Like, everyone calls me Nayeon. What do your friends call you?" She asked.

"Oh. They call me Mina." She smiled at the human.

Day after day Mina visited the same harbor, Nayeon sitting there waiting for her to come. Sometimes she came with her friends, other times she can alone.

"I brought a new friend..." Mina whispered. "Humans are usually scared of him." She frowned.

"Who did you bring?" Nayeon asked, clearly nervous. Mina disappeared under the surface, and came back after a few minutes. Nayeon saw a flash of silver and then she saw a giant shark under the surface swimming near her. She frowned, slightly pulling her legs up.

"He's nice! I swear! He promised he would be nice." Mina frowned while holding out her hands to Nayeon.

"Why did you bring a shark?" She asked.

"We we're visited by humans... Taking away our food again.. Mako wanted to make sure I was safe.." She explained. Nayeon nodded and tried to calm down, watching the shark still circling the area.

"What's it like to be a human...?" Mina whispered. "Do you swim in water like me?"

"I.. uh.. I'm not good at swimming." Nayeon admitted. Mina frowned, watching her with a tilted head.