Chapter 4

Arjun's P.O.V.

I glanced at the wall clock and it read 6:30 p.m. meaning it was time for everyone to go home. One by one everyone was leaving. All her colleagues were out but she wasn't so I decided to go inside her office. I opened the door, and I found her with her head down on the table. Her breathing was shallow meaning she was asleep. I slowly went over to her. Her desk was not messy, just like she wants it to be, it had a small frame. The picture in the frame was really cute. It was of Anvi and Sanjay when there were around 13. Sanjay is pulling her pigtails as Anvi is laughing. Her laptop was on and I could see the half-done work. I saved it and shut it. I gently shook her in order to wake her up. Her hand was fractured yet here she is working hard.

"Anvi, wake up", I said as I shook her once again. She groaned and lifted her head from the table and rubbed her eyes with her non-injured hand. Cute! She blinked her eyes furiously before her eyes widened when she saw me.

"What are you doing here?", She asked.

"I had some work with your brother and can't I come to meet my fiancé", I said while pouting but failing miserably. Her lips tugged upwards at my response.

"We're not even engaged, and I have a lot of work to do so get lost", she said while narrowing her eyes and then turning to her computer.

"Yet, Anvi, yet, we're gonna get engaged in a week and I took permission from him, it's your day off now", I said while closing her books and piling them neatly. She sighs before getting up but loses control and stumbles into my chest. My hands-on instinct reached out and her waist to steady her.

"You okay?", I asked her while studying her face. There were visible dark circles under her eyes which meant she hasn't been resting well.

"I'm fine", she dragged before shoving me away and packing her bag and walking out of the office with me behind her.

As we entered the elevator, I saw her away from a little and she clutched onto my shoulder to support her. She must have felt my worried stare on her face, because she looked up and said, "I just feel a little giddy nothing else". I placed my hand on her waist and let her out of the elevator and towards my car.

"What? You don't need to do anything, I'll just book a cab and go, you might have something important", she said while trying to get away from my hold.

"I'm not leaving you with a stranger to go home when you're in this condition and when I am ready to take you home what's the big deal", I said.

"What? I'm okay!", She raised her voice a little before holding my hand and removing it from her waist and tried to walk but completely failed and was about to fall if I wasn't quick enough to hold her.

"Anvi! Stop being stubborn, it won't help, just get in the car", I said as I opened the passenger seat door for her and let her get settled before I went to the driver seat and started driving.

Usually, it takes 15 minutes to get to her house from their office but because of traffic, it's taking longer today. Anvi was fast asleep in the passenger seat while I drove towards their mansion. After I parked in their parking lot and picked Anvi up in a bridal style I took her to the room. When Yashvi had asked me what happened to her, I had just told that she was feeling giddy which was true. I learned that their parents weren't home and were out of town.

I set her down on her bed and got her under the covers. I had thought about getting her into comfortable clothes but maybe waking her up wouldn't be a good idea! But she can't sleep in these uncomfortable clothes. Urghhhhh...

So, I decided to wake her up and called Yashvi to help her change clothes, while she helped her, I cooked a bowl of soup for her and took it to her room.