Chapter 58

It's February already, and I'm so excited. Valentine's Day is in this month. And Sonia's birthday is in this month as well. Haha, the horror she will face once she goes through my gift hamper that I've made for her.

I've hidden it well inside my closet.

Currently, I'm finishing the work in my office. There a big company that wanted to have their accounts analysed. I agreed but little did I k ow they were going to give me their accounts for the past five years as well. It was so tiring. Just then, my phone rang.

"Hello"

"Hi baby", he said as I closed my books and started arranging my workspace.

"Why'd you call?", I asked.

"What? Can't I called my wife?"

"Of course you can call her when you know she's so nice"

"Uh huh, anyways was asking how long will you take to get back home?"

"Just finishing my work Arjun, I didn't know you missed me that much"

"Well, can't deny that, I miss you baby", he said and his words made me blush. I shook my head and slung the bag over my shoulder and walked out of the office switching off the lights as I stepped out.

"I'm coming", I said as I stepped inside the lift.

"Well, come home soon, I'll be waiting", he said and just as the elevator door opened, I stepped out and was about to say goodbye, when something pointed was placed over my waist and something sharp was placed on my throat. I gasped when I realised it was a gun and a knife. I turned around to see three men standing with guns pointed in my direction. 

"Anvi, you alright?" he asked but I was too busy focusing on the knife and the gun that I didn't answer. 

"Y-yea-", suddenly the phone was snatched out of my grasp and the man hung up on the call and with a gun gave me a nudge as if telling me to move forward. I tried to protest but my captor pulled the trigger of the gun and that had me shut up. 

I let them take me wherever they were taking even though I was kind of freaked out. After they shoved me inside the van, one of the guy tied my hands behind my back and shoved my bag in the back seat of the van. A gag was tied painfully around my face. 

The men finally removed their ugly masks and revealed their even more ugly faces to me, I almost snorted forgetting for a moment that they were my kidnapper and that they could do anything. I was proven right, because the next instant I was slapped. 

If I thought my mom's slaps hurt, then this was nothing compared to what, my mom did. My cheek throbbed as I let out a muffled hiss. A phone was shoved in my hand and I looked up curiously at the man who gave it to me. 

"Do as I say bitch, one other word and you're dead", he said as he held the gun on my forehead. As he explained me what I had to say and whom I had to call, tears welled in my eyes. Not again. I can't do this again. I already did it once 5 years ago, I couldn't do it again.  

That man dialled his number and held it near my ear and removed the gag just so that I could talk. 

"Who's this?" a voice snapped. And I knew instantly that he wasn't in his greatest moods. 

"Hi Arjun", I managed to say without choking up on a sob.

"Oh thank god! Why weren't you answering your phone? And whose phone is this?" 

"My phone's battery died"

"Oh, I thought something happened to you, and whose phone is this?"

"Arjun, I'm going away, I don't want to stay with you anymore, j-just file a divorce please, I can't do this anymore", I said and started crying silently.