Chapter 19

He then leaned and our lips were almost touching each other.

My hands grew sweaty and my mind went fuzzy. His hands that were on either side of my head supported him as he leaned. I could smell his minty breath. I dared to look in his eyes only to find him already staring at me. His lips were almost teasing me.

Knock! The loud knock startled us both as Arjun lost his balance and he crashed into me. His lips touching mine.

"Arjun, the guests have started arriving", Roshan said from outside our bedroom door and left but I was to busy focusing on him. As if snapping back to reality, he quickly got off me and started cussing under his breath.

"I-I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to do it and then all of a sudden the knock startled me, I'm sorry", he said while running a hand through his hair. I quickly muttered it's ok and left the wardrobe. My face was the colour of tomato as I rushed down and quickly welcomed the guests and started doing my work. The whole day, I tired avoiding Arjun like a plague.

Luckily for me, mom kept me busy. Running here and there, greeting the guests and serving them food and then when they leave, washing the vessels and then again repeating the whole routine.

Around 4 when I was working in the kitchen, waiting for some other guests to arrive, the bitch and her mother came in. Natasha was sitting on the counter and she blabbered about something.

"Is she the one he chose?", Asked the bitch's mother. Aradhya just nodded her head.

"Wow! Look at her, she looks so skinny and so ugly, she's nothing compared to you and yet he chose her", she says while throwing her hands up in the air. I quickly picked Natasha from the counter and told her to go out.

They mother-daughter duo walked towards me, their heels clicking against the floor. The mother clicked her fingers in front of my face to grab my attention. Feigning innocence I looked up.

"Yes, how can I help you?"

"Well, for starters you can get out of Arjun's life", her mother said and I just looked at her and crossed my hands infront of me.

"Keep on dreaming cause I am staying in his life for a long time", I said.

She made a move to come nearer but composed herself.

"Look at you, thinking that he actually has feelings for you! Do you even know that he loved me? Or he still loves me?"

"I honestly couldn't care less about it, but just know that he is MY husband", I spit out. Even though her words hurt me. I didn't let it show.

"What the hell is going on in here", mom shrieks.

"Oh nothing, just looking at what a useless wife your Arjun has! I'm sure you could have chosen a better girl", the mother says while looking at mom before the duo walks out. Mom looks like she's about to hit them both but just composes herself.

Mom turns to look at me and smiles.

"Don't let their words affect you Tanvi, I know what an amazing person you are", she says before walking out to answer the door.

Even though I shouldn't let their words affect me they somehow do, but I ignore them by distracting myself and concentrating on my work.

It was around 12 that all the guests had left and all the work got over. Mom helped me too. Sonia just sat there feeling guilty that she couldn't do anything. She said that because it is the first Diwali of the me in their house, a lot of guests had come.

I was sitting on the sofa tired from exhaustion while the others worked in the garden. I guess I might have fallen asleep because when I opened my eyes, I was being carried and the person was walking. When my tired eyes looked up, I saw my husband carrying me. I was slipping in and out of my sleep but I just succumbed to sleep as I wrung my arms around his neck.

Next time when I woke up, I was on the bed and Arjun seemed to have just walked out of the wardrobe. I looked down and realised that I was no longer in the saree and that seemed to make me go on an alert. My eyes widened and I looked up to my husband looking sheepishly at me.

"You see, I thought you would be uncomfortable and thought of changing you, b-but I promise I changed you in the dark even though it was difficult", he said nervously while rubbing the back of his neck. Even though I was a little embarrassed, I just said it's ok.

"And it isn't even like I'm never gonna see you without them", he whispered as he sat on the edge of the bed. I felt heat creep to my cheeks as I registered his words in my brain. I groaned and smacked my hands on my face, while muttering cusswords.

He let out a heartfelt chuckle before getting up, switching the lights off and sleeping. I couldn't sleep because of the stupid smile that I had because of his stupid words. Oh god!

❤️❤️❤️❤️

We all sat in the kitchen and Sonia looked in a cheerful mood today. When mom came in a sat, I immediately apologised because I fell asleep on the sofa.

"Oh nonsense, you don't need to be sorry at all, I know how much work you did, you were bound to  feel tired anyways", mom said.

"Urmm... So because we give gifts on Diwali and because I couldn't give my gift yesterday to the couple, I'd like to give them right now", Sonia said.

Yes, because it is Diwali we all give gifts. I gave gifts to everyone too except for my husband, because, as per what mom says, the men in the house should give the women the gifts in Diwali. Not that I mind.

Arjun and I shared an eye contact before looking at her. She had a wicked grin on her face.

"So, Roshan and I thought that we could give you both..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What do you think Sonia is going to give?

Anyways, hello everyone. I hope you all enjoyed this update.

I love all of you for voting and commenting. Please keep doing so.

Love,D❤️

Love,
D❤️