Chapter 6

After putting a pinch of sindoor in my parted hair and clasping the mangal sutra around my neck, we were officially married. The pheras were done wherein we walked around the pit of fire for 7 times. 3 times the girl is the one who leads the walk and the others are led by the guy. Now we have another function. It's typical of our caste to have it. Hypothetically speaking, this function just decided who will rule the house after marriage. It's like a bowl of buttermilk I put forward in front of the bride and the groom. It had rose petals, peanuts and a ring. The one who finds the ring first all the three times would rule the house. But honestly, it's just for fun that this game exists.

So after that is done and he basically let me win two times. Then is the time of bidaai. This is where I would be leaving my parents house and finally as his wife entering my in-laws' place. I bid a tearful goodbye to my father and my best friend and just hug the other two. All this while my face is covered with a veil.

Arjun then proceeds to take my hand and finally leads me to the car

Arjun then proceeds to take my hand and finally leads me to the car. It's around 4:30 that we leave the house. I give them one final wave before the car moves. Behind us another car is there with Roshan, his pregnant wife and his daughter. My mother-in-law and father-in-law had left when my bidaai had started, because they had preparations to do.

Arjun, hesitantly reached over and pulled my veil over my head and stared at me. After realising how creepy it was, he turned away and cleared his throat before saying," I-I'm sorry, it's just that you looked beautiful", this caused me to blush a deep shade of red.

5 hours, excluding the traffic is how long it takes to reach his house. If my mother hadn't insisted on having a marriage in our hometown, I would've reached my new home in some time.

After talking for about 2 hours, I finally fell asleep while I leaned my head against the window of the car. It was uncomfortable, to sleep with such heavy jewellery on.

"Anvi!", I heard someone call me. I swatted their hands away and tried to get more comfortable in my seat.

"Anvi! Wake up", I felt someone shaking my shoulders once again. God! Can't I just sleep peacefully! I groggily opened my eyes and noticed that Arjun was staring at me with an amused smile on his lips.

"It's gonna take 2 more hours and mom said that we could eat something, so what do you wanna eat?" He asked me.

"Burger", I replied before resting my head against the seat and sighing.

❤️❤️❤️❤️

He held my hand as we both waited patiently for his parents to open the door. The house, or rather mansion was lit beautifully with fairy lights and soft music played.

His mom or that my mom as I will have to call her because she basically is my mother now. I have two mothers and two fathers. My in-laws insisted that I called them mom and dad because they didn't want to fell awkward. She did the pooja as she welcomed me and then I had to step into a plate full of vermilion coloured liquid and step out and walk a few steps leaving colored imprints of my foot. And then with my coloured foot I kicked the pot filled with rice and coins. This function is knows as Griha prawesh. It's meant to show that when a newly wed bride enters her in-laws place, she'll bring with her prosperity and wealth.