Chapter 23

I looked at him waiting for him to answer. I didn't want him to agree or not agree. I just wanted to hear his response. I took a seat because I couldn't stand for a long period of time. Just as he opened his mouth to answer, his phone rung. Saved by the phone.
He kept humming at whoever was on the call.

"Urm... So I have some urgent work at my office so I'll have to leave", he said and then placed a kiss on my forehead and left.

The rest of the time I spent laughing and chit-chatting with these ladies who were really friendly.

At night when he came, I was near my vanity brushing my hair, well trying to brush my hair but the comb would hit me on my wound causing me to hiss in pain. After a tortuous long time I was finally able to comb when he came out of the bathroom with the first aid kit.

He redressed my wound and then after eating food and gulping down the medicines, I finally fell asleep in his arms as usual.

❤️❤️❤️❤️

So it's been a week and today we are going to my parents house, even though I had called on Diwali, Yash insisted that we all come. Sadly, Roshan and his family couldn't come. So it's just my husband, mom, dad and I.

My leg has healed properly but my hand hasn't healed yet. The cuts got infected during the week because they got wet and I had to get stitches. My mom gave me a stuff nod when she welcomed us inside. Yash hugged me, dad just gave me a side hug and Sanjay just smiled.

I helped Yash to set the dining table. she has been pregnant for two freaking months and she didn't even tell me.

We all sat on the table and the feeling of déjà vu hit me. The last time we all were together on this table, it was when they had come for the proposal. My father and my father-in-law were talking about something when mom, as in my mother-in-law said,

"Your daughter is such an amazing person, she worked so much on this Diwali"

My mom turned to looked at me and raised her eyebrows. Yash didn't seemed fazed because she already knew about everything.

"Really?" Mom asked.

"Well yeah, she started working from 7 in the morning to 1 in the night and added to that was the hardwork she had been doing for a week, cleaning the house and stuff like that", she said.

"Well, I heard about it, one of my friend spoke to me about the way she was working so hard that day", dad said with a proud smile on his face. Even though we hadn't had the best relationship, he never missed an opportunity to show how he is proud of me most of the time.

"Well, that's something new, because all these years she's done nothing but sit in the corner, not even moving a bit, not only on Diwali but other functions as well", mom said making me snap my head, only to find her already staring at me.

"Mo-", Yash began but was interrupted.

"Even in his office, she would slack and would be a lazy perso-"

"That's enough mom!", Yash stood up banging her hands on the table shocking all of us. Arjun stared at me with a blank face the whole time.

"I can't handle this, everytime you insult her, everytime you put her down and she doesn't say anything to you because you know what she tells me she says that because you are her mother, you have every right to snap at her and slap her. She has worked so hard, all these years, you know what you did a few years back! Yet she just listen to you and worked 24/7 and you still disregarded her. But I'm sorry I can't handle it anymore, maybe Sanjay can listen to his sister getting insulted because his head is too far up his butt and maybe dad can listen too but I won't handle this anymore",Yash said.