Chapter 42

Christmas went really well, with all of us gifting each other presents. We danced during the evening party held by the resort. Sonia also did get drunk but before she could do something stupid, Roshan was quick enough to take her to their room, because apparently, she wanted to strip and dance for them. I was laughing my ass off. Somebody had spiked her drink. Luckily, her kids were with mom and dad as they didn't want to join the party so volunteered to take charge of the kids.

Sonia had even dared us both to kiss under the mistletoe. I was hesitant but Arjun had that goofy smile on his face before he had dragged me under the mistletoe and kissed me, but it was merely longer than a peck but shorter than an exact kiss. But, to be fair, I even dared Roshan and just like his brother, he dragged his wife and kissed her.

It was an amazing night. But, I precisely didn't open Sonia's gift because I knew the obsession she had with gifting me skimpy outfits. But this time, I gifted her something like that too.

The next day when she had woken up, she was glaring at me for the amazing gift I had given her, but Roshan was rolling on the floor as he laughed.

Roshan gave me a novel which was released a week ago, that too with the sign of the author. God bless his soul. Sonia should learn something from him.

Mom and dad gave us small frames. One for Roshan and family which had a collage of their family. One for us, consisting of our pictures. It was an amazing gift.

As for my husband, he gifted me a limited edition watch which has a small message written on the back.

You have my heart, baby♡

I'm not good with gifts, so I just gave him a small locket. It had our initials on it. I liked it. I know it was nothing when compared to the gift he had given me.

"Even though I know you're thinking that your gift is nothing as compared to mine, I must tell you this, it's an amazing gift Anvi, and I'm going to wear it every time from now on", I remember him telling me and he had immediately clasped it around his neck.

Today is New Years Eve. The resort was going to take us hiking and we're going to stay a night on the site with bonfires and fireworks.

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Mom and dad had wanted to stay behind, wanting to give their children some alone time with their partners. Once again, they had volunteered to take care of kids. Even though Sonia was hesitant on leaving Aryan alone, mom had convinced her. But I must say, it must have taken a lot to convince that stubborn ass human. She gave mom all the essentials, mom would need.

"Mom, don't worry, I'll take care of my baby brother as well", Natasha had told Sonia. My heart warmed as the little girl said those words. Sibling love.

Now it's been an hour since we've all been walking up the hill. Won't say I'm enjoying it.

"Well aren't you a ball of sunshine today", Arjun teased me as I mumbled cuss words.

"Shut up!", I grumbled and increased my pace joining Sonia who was no better than me. She was cussing as well. Oh how we love hiking. For today, mom had packed a dress for us. They were pretty decent for a cold night even though they weren't the best.