Chapter 5

Currently, I was sitting on the stage. It's my engagement today. He sat beside me. Wearing a tuxedo and looking hot. Soft music played in the background and we waited for our mothers to get the rings. Soon after they arrived, as I was the girl I had to slide the ring first in his finger. I took the ring from my mother's hand with my trembling hands. It's a life-changing thing after all.

I took a look in his eyes only to realize that he was already staring at me. His eyes swirled with amusement and excitement. I finally slid the ring in his finger and let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding. The audience whooped as this happened. His niece came up with the ring and handed over to him as he placed a kiss on his cheek which made her smile brightly and giggle. A smile played on my lips as I witnessed this small interaction. He took the ring in his hand and I caught the sight of the ring and held in a gasp. This ring! He brought this freaking ring!

When we were dating, he had told me that someday, he'll propose me with a ring and he had shown me the design of the ring. This was the ring. He held a sincere smile on his face as he stood up and went down on his knee and held my already trembling hand in his. Oh my god! I feel like I'm going to faint. He finally while looking me up in the eyes slid the ring in my finger and stood up gently ignoring the whooping and hugged me.

"Finally! You're mine", he whispered softly so that only I could hear.

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Tomorrow's my wedding. It's funny how time flies. I had my Mehendi ceremony. This is the first function in an Indian wedding where the bride has someone put henna on her hands and legs and even the groom does. It's a really important function because the final color, tone, and longevity of the bride's Mehendi design are all seen as markers for the couple's love and future bliss while being one of the most fun wedding functions.

 It's a really important function because the final color, tone, and longevity of the bride's Mehendi design are all seen as markers for the couple's love and future bliss while being one of the most fun wedding functions

Next, I had a Haldi ceremony. Applying Haldi, often mixed with sandalwood powder, rose water and/or milk does more than just enhance the complexion of the bride and groom. The ceremony in the range of Indian wedding functions is performed either a day ahead of the wedding or on the day itself. It is, in fact, an opportunity for all friends and family to extend their good wishes and blessings for the happy couple. Haldi is thought to be effective in warding off the evil eye or Buri Nazar. Besides, it's yellow color is deemed auspicious, a symbol of happiness and prosperity.

My mother demanded that we have our wedding in our hometown which by the way is in another state because she wanted our grandparents told to be a witness to our wedding

Currently, I was sitting in my room, I couldn't sleep because tomorrow was a big day. From tomorrow onwards, I'll be Tanvi Malhotra and not Khurrana. I sat in my room staring blankly at the wall before I heard my phone ring.

A❤️

A smile immediately played on my lips as I found out who was calling me. Even though we are in the same state his grandparents stay 5 hours away from us. Because we were both so busy with the wedding preparations, we both haven't spoken to each other for a long time.

Did I tell you that I'm the one financing my wedding? I mean my father volunteered but I declined his offer and I'm the one paying for everything.

"Hello"

"Hi Anvi", butterflies fluttered in my stomach as I heard his voice. What is he doing to me?

We spoke for hours before I finally felt sleepy and decided to hang on him. My eyes chanced to glance over the clock and my eyes widened a little as it read 2:30 a.m. nothing much to worry about because my wedding was scheduled at 1:30 p.m.

As I was about to sleep, my room door burst open and in came Yash.

"You nervous?", She asked as she settled down beside me making herself comfortable on my pastel green bed.

"No, I'm not nervous, but I also don't know what I'm actually feeling", I said truthfully while propping my head in her lap as she played with my hair. She was honestly the best best friend anybody could ever ask for and the cherry on the top was that she was with me 24/7 because she married my brother.

She smiled before she asked me," do you wanna know something about me?", I nodded my head positively.

"When I was getting married, I didn't feel nervous at all too and I was sitting in my room two hours ahead of my wedding as the makeup artist did my makeup and I sat with my sister and my grandmother. When my sister had asked if I was nervous or not, I had told her the same thing you told me. This answer bought a smile on my grandmother's face. When I had asked her why she was smiling do you know what she told me?"

"What did she tell you?", I asked getting curious as to where this conversation was headed.

"She told me she knew why I was feeling like that, getting curious I had asked her and her reply shocked me. She said when you know you're doing the right thing you won't feel nervous. In this case, when you know you're marrying the right person and you love that person, you won't feel nervous instead you would await for the moment. You would want the time to move fast so that you both could get bonded forever."

"O...k?" Soon after that she left and told me to sleep but if only I could sleep.

Her words played in my mind.

Loved the person? Really did I actually love him?

The whole night passed with me tossing in the bed from left to right in order to get some sleep but God only knew I couldn't sleep. And I know one thing for sure, that I'm gonna be damn sleepy tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi guys! How was this chapter?

Did you guys like it?

Please, Vote, comment and share ❤️.

Sit back and wait for the next chapter.

Love,
D❤️