Chapter 5: Dope

"OHS!" We all shouted as the camera flashed capturing the picture.

"Alright," Skylar said taking her phone back looking at the photo. "Yo, that's good, check it out."

Skylar showed us the photo on her phone and we loved it.

The sky in the background was blue and pink as the sun was still rising, shining on our faces showing our glow. I'm sure my mom is going to love this photo when I get time to show it to her.

"Yo, Skylar he's the new guy?" Julio was pointing me out.

"Yeah, this is Xavier. He moved here in Oakland this past summer." Skylar responded

Julio....he looked like he was mixed with a lot of nationalities. His face gave off his black genes, but from his hair texture, and his skin he might be mixed with Guam.

He looks like a dope guy though.

"Wassup Xavier, I'm Julio." He stuck out his hand for a handshake.

I shook his hand. "Nice to meet you dawg, you can call me X."

"Aight, no doubt. First day at Oakland High School right?" He asked me.

I shook my head in agreement. "Yup."

"Well, I know you've seen high school movies. Just wait till you get inside, you'll see how similar it is." He tapped me on my shoulder.

"What you mean by that?" I asked

"You'll see when we get inside, are y'all trying to go inside now?" Stacy asked the crew.

" Yeah, we can. We all have the same classes anyway." Claudia said.

"Yeah let's show X what he's missing." Jordan wrapped his arms around her.

Stacy grabbed my hand, as we all started to walk towards the front of the building. I remember coming here for the open house getting my schedule, but that was when the halls were empty and quiet.

But as we now enter through the front door of the school, I saw how different it was filled with students.

As I looked down the hallways, people were dressed in colorful outfits, everybody was smiling as they were walking passed each other, and they all looking like they were happy to be at school. There was even some dude skating down the hallway with his skateboard. This looks like something straight out of a movie.

As I continued to walk, everybody who passed by me looked confused as they've never seen me here before. I'm still a stranger to a lot of people here and I'm okay with that.

Just like Candace said I still need to be careful though. Every girl knows about me, and I was still getting checked out by others. The only thing that's different this time, is that I'm with my girlfriend.

"This ain't real?" I geeking out.

"Nah? You should've brought your speaker, I could've played music out here." Markus said as we continued to walk down the hall.

"We have a lot of freedoms. Only because we're responsible, we know how to act—well not all people but the majority of us do, and the principal's cool as shit." Stacy told me.

"Pshh, cool? Let's face facts he's totally bitch made." Candace spoked out loud and it caused us to laugh.

"That principle is not bitch made Candace." Jessica.

"You must haven't heard what happened to his last wi..." Candace was then silenced when Skylar close her mouth.

"Okay, that's enough. Too early in the morning." Skylar said.