Chapter 18: Wake Up

I opened my eyes, waking up to sunlight beaming through the curtains of my window. Looking up at the clock the time was 10:28 am and the house was still silent. I didn't hear any music coming from the living room, nor smelled any breakfast cooking.

My mother is most likely still asleep, and I really can't blame her for sleeping in. I wasn't the only one on the field burning off energy, she was one of the loudest people in the stands last night. As a matter of fact she was so loud, you could hear her screaming over the whole marching band. *I laughed* She know she enjoyed herself last night.

I turned over in my bed, and I felt a nerve strike almost every muscle in my body.

Shit!!!

It caught me off guard.

I knew I was going to be feeling every hit I took or laid last night. I miss playing the physical game of football, but I do not miss being sore after every game. What can I say though, it's a sacrifice for becoming great... but it really takes toll on your body.

I slowly raised up out of my bed to walk to my bathroom, and with every step my legs fell numb.

Now looking in the mirror of the bathroom, I can see the bruises on my body. My forearm, my thigh, my core... all had a faded purple bruise. Instead of trying to rush to get into my bed last night, I should've taken a hot bath instead of a shower. So I looked under my sink taking out a bag of epsom salt, and I began to run some bath water.

Over the sound of the water hitting the tub, I heard my phone ring from a notification.

I walk to the dresser where my phone was charging and I checked the notifications. My eyes lit up when I saw that my phone had been blowing up. I received text messages, and follow request from Snapchat, Instagram, and Twitter.

"How did these people get my social media?" I asked myself still staring at the phone.

I don't even pass out my social media to a lot of people, but now everybody is starting to find out who I am. I looked at some of the messages that were sent, and they were speaking about my performance from last night.

I knew it...

I should've saw this coming, but I wasn't expecting this type of attention at all. As I kept scrolling through my phone, more notifications were popping up on my screen in every second that passed by. It's probably best if I turn off my notifications, I'm just really glad I didn't give anybody else my number.

There's only 10 important people in my phone, that's my mother and my best friends. So I just sat my phone back down on my dresser and I smiled to myself.

=The Afternoon=

            Everybody stayed home most of the day, leaving us football players to rest and heal.

I told Jordan he was going to be sore today, and he's still feeling the hit Candace laid on him yesterday on the back of his neck. So I really think it's us three that's inside of our house, I don't really know what the girls are doing though. They're probably just at each others houses hanging out... they can have all that.

My mother and I talked all morning, as we ate the breakfast she cooked. She couldn't take her mind off of our first game, and neither could I.

I was reminiscing all morning, and I even saw myself on the news. The news station that recorded us last night played a recap this morning, and I was one of the players that stood out with a great performance. I already knew our team played well, because we were having so much fun doing what we did.