Chapter 12: Misunderstood

Skylar POV...

The sound of rain begins to hit the classroom window and it draws my attention towards it. I set my paintbrush down, and I rise up to walk to the window.

I wonder if the football team are still going practice. Knowing them they're probably going to stay out there, because I haven't heard a roll of thunder sound off in the sky. I didn't even bring my umbrella today, don't know why I didn't check the weather this morning.

"Woah." I heard Julio walking up from behind me staring out the window . "Who asked for rain today?"

"Not I." I took a deep breathe and folded my arms. "I swore the skies were just clear a minute ago."

"I guess Mother Nature had other plans, but hey—" Julio patted me on my back. " —lets finish up this Banner while we got time."

"Yeah, lets get back to it."

Julio, and I stayed after school in our art class to work on a banner for the Football Team. Since this Friday was they're first upcoming game, our Art teacher thought it would great if we could make banner for them to rip through as they run on the field.

At first I thought it would've been a waste of time, since the banner would literally be destroyed. But at the same time, the players would probably think it would be thoughtful if we did so. Especially Xavier and the others. Today would mark our second day working on this. During school we got some help from our classmates, and now it's just us two.

"That Tiger is coming along well." Julio spoke as he was drawing out the letters.

"Thank you." I smiled. "Is that the font you freehanded back in Middle School?"

He chuckled. "Yeah... yeah it is. It came a long way too."

"Keep on showing that off, professionals may just add that book and you can get paid."

I remember the day he first used it. It was back in 7th grade we had to draw out our names, and our teacher would choose who had the best one. He took out the paper that he drew the letters on in his font, and he just went to drawing his name. I was sitting right beside him amazed at how all his letters were identical to each other.

I still became a little salty when he won that challenge though *I laugh to myself*, I was such a little brat back then.

"What's so funny." He looked up at me with his bright smile.

"Nothing." I chucked again. "I'm just playing back memories I had from middle school."

"Oh." He giggles under his breathe. " Those were some fun times weren't they."

"Yeah, middle School was always turnt." I face my attention looking back out the window. "They went by fast as well."

"Just like High School." He went back to drawing. " I swore yesterday was our freshman year."

"Right. We'll be graduating in a blink of an eye."

We both fell silent.

The sound of the rain hitting the windows filled the room with relaxation. The atmosphere outside became dimmer due to the dark clouds in the outcast. It felt like night time struck already but it's only 4:26pm. And the boys don't get out of practice till 5pm, and August is my ride home. But thinking about graduating still feels unsettling, when I know I'm going to be on my own soon. Just thinking about having to buy my groceries, prioritizing my time with school, and being away from my parents.

Seems like a lot to bear at one time.

"Do you ever feel afraid?" I spoke, and our connected looking up at each other. "Of how its going to be on your own."