Chapter 7: Mental

Xavier POV...

I open my eyes waking up from my sleep, hearing my phone going off on my dresser.

If this wasn't a school night I wouldn't have had my ringer on, but I sat up to see who was calling my phone. And to my surprise....it was Stacy calling.

What she doing up at 11:13pm

I answered the phone. "Hello?"

I heard her take a deep breathe over the phone. "X...can you come over to my backyard?" She was sounding a little low.

"You okay?" I asked

"I just...I have a lot on my mind right now, and I wanted to talk to someone about it." She responded

I wiped my eyes again, and I hopped out of my bed."Okay, I'm on my way then."

"Are you sure you'll be able to leave the house bae?" She asked.

"I got you, I'll be over with you in just a sec." I responded

"Alright."

"Okay." I hung up the phone, and put my shirt back on.

I reached for the shoes under my bed, and slipped them on my feet. I opened my door leading towards the balcony, and it wasn't that far from the ground. So I jumped over it, landing on the ground in the backyard.

The night was silent, the sky was clear, and the moon brightened up the darkened sky. No one was on the road at this time of the night, our neighborhood was sound asleep—peacefully.

It only took a few seconds to make it over to her house, now Im just trying not to make that much noise with my footsteps as I now enter her backyard. I can see her sitting down on her swing bench wrapped up in pink blanket.

When I finally sat down beside her, she laid herself in my chest without hesitation.

"Hey" She murmured.

"Hey." I responded back to her wrapping her in my arms. "You're parents sleep?"

"I wouldn't be out here if they weren't."

I shrugged my shoulders "So, what's going on."

She took a deep breathe. "I can't sleep bae..."

"What's bothering you so bad, that you can't go to sleep?" I asked.

"I'm nervous..." She said under breathe. "I don't know if I'm actually ready to lead my team."

I didn't understand what she was nervous for at first, but it hit me within seconds.

"Tomorrow's game?"

She shook her head agreeing to what I was talking about. I almost forgot tomorrow was Thursday, and it's the Volleyball team's first game.

"Don't sweat it, it's okay to be nervous is natural. Y'all are going to do great tomorrow." I was explaining to her.

"It's not really the team I'm worried about myself." She sat up looking me in the eyes. "What if.....what if I'm just not ready for tomorrow? The right way?"