Chapter 13: Out of School

Xavier POV...

The sun brightens up the sky on this Wednesday afternoon, as our class are just now being released for lunch. Except for eating the lunch that our school offered, or calling a food Uber—our administrators allow students to leave campus to get lunch on their own.

Yeah, it surprised me too.

I didn't find this out until today, so we decided to get away from school for at least 30-45 minutes. That's how long our lunch break last, we just have to make it back on time.

Once again it was Me, Markus, and Jordan traveling down the interstate, making our way to the closest fast food restaurant we could find. Markus had his music blasting through the stereo again, and Jordan was texting the girls back at school seeing what they wanted to eat as well.

"The girls asked did y'all want to eat anything from Taco Bell?" Jordan asked.

"Ask them do they wanna be shitting at practice?" I asked.

Markus laughed at my answer, and Jordan went back to typing on his phone texting them back.

Stacy POV...

"Xavier asked do y'all wanna be shitting at practice.." Claudia responded laughing at the text.

"Maaan, I don't even play sports." Candace whined laying her head on the lunchroom table.

"But most of us do, don't be sad." I responded rubbing her shoulders. "Sky you knew better than to recommend Taco Bell."

"But I like Mexican food and I've been craving Mexican food for the longest." Skylar responded.

"We need a break from Mexican food." The J twins both responded.

"Go over to the twins house and eat their left over then." Tiffany responded.

Skylar flicked her off, and Tiffany shrugged her shoulders. Claudia put her head back down towards her phone and continued texting.

Xavier POV...

"They changed there minds." Jordan read off his phone. "They said it's up to us to choose a food place, but not to bring too much food back."

"Let's just hit this exit right here, and go to Wendy's." I raised up from laying on the seats pointing outside the window. "Besides we only have like 40 minutes left of lunch time."

"Yeah, I'm cool with that. Text the girls Jordan." Markus said as he turned in on the exit.

Skylar POV...

Claudia phone sounded. "They asked would Wendy's be okay?"

"Yeah, I'm down for it." Tiffany responded while she continued writing in her notebook.

"Everybody else cool with that?" Skylar asked the rest of us, and we nodded our heads.

"Alright well, just give me the list of food y'all want so I can text them back."

Xavier POV...

Markus pulled into the parking lot of Wendy's, and was searching for a parking space. At this time of the day, the streets doesn't be as busy as they usually are. The traffics was rolling fine, no traffic jams, and people were walking on the sidewalks. I guess its because everybody was either at work, or school—which is where we need to be.

But we're taking advantage of leaving school to take a breather.

Markus parked his car, and all three of us got out at the same time. I left my jacket in the car due to how warm the weather was outside.