Chapter 21: 17

One week later...

Xavier POV...

I can hear the sound of my alarm going off inside of my sleep. I struggle to ignore the buzzing sound as I tried to stay asleep for as long as I could, but knowing that it's only Thursday I have to get up for school. It felt like my eye lids had been glued shut for hours, and I'm struggling to open my eyes. Eventually I did open them, and I pressed snooze on the iPhone, as I laid my head back on my pillow closing my eyes.

"Happy Birthday too you.🎵." I opened my eyes back open in a flash hearing my mom coming from the hallway.

I looked up as she entered my room holding a plate of pancakes, topped off with whipped cream, sprinkles, and a candle. Today was September 17, my Birthday.

"Happy Birthday too you, Happy Birthday too Xavierrr.🎵" She did a run as she rubbed through my hair. "Happy Birthday too you.🎵"

"Thanks Ma." I blew out my candle.

"How old are you, 5 years old?" She asked taking a seat on the edge of my bed.

I chuckled. "17."

"Going on 12"

"Very funny. When did you have time to make these?" I asked her.

"I woke up around my usual time, and I had enough energy to fixed you up something small before school today."

"Well that's very thoughtful of you." I said grabbing the plate. "Don't you have work today?"

"I don't have to be at work until 7:15 remember." She responded.

"Oh yeah, and it's like 6:30 am right now." I looked up at my clock.

"Which means I do have to get going soon, and you have to get ready for school." She kissed me on the forehead getting up off the edge of my bed. She was making her  way out of my room until she stopped in the doorframe. "Oh, is there anything special you would like to have this evening."

"Will you be able to Cook my favorite meal?" I implied.

"The one I always make for your birthday?" She asked and I nodded my head. "Yeah, I can cook you your favorite food, but isn't there anything you would like to receive or do today."

"Nah, I pretty much have everything I need." I responded. "Plus today's Thursday and there's not much we can do before tomorrow."

"Well... if there's anything you want, you know I don't mind doing it right?"

"Yeah, I know. But you do enough to make it seem like I have everything I need. That's why I'm really not asking for much." I responded

After I spoke my mind she smiled and started to shake her head. "Have a good day at school kiddo."

"And you have a great day at work." I said as she left the room.

As I raised myself out of my bed, I began to eat the pancakes my mother fixed for me. It tasted like a miniature birthday cake, just with syrup on the top. Even though it was my birthday, it just felt like it was another regular day.