Chapter 22: 17 (Part 2)

First time driving from my school felt abnormal. That's only because I'm so used to somebody else giving me a ride home, but there's a first time for everything.

It was 6:13pm, Stacy and I were now cruising down the highway heading to our neighborhood. Stacy had the aux cord this time, listening to her music. As the music played I kept glancing over at her while she was singing the lyrics to Ari Lynx under her breathe.

After glancing at her for a few times, she caught my eye.

"What?" She questioned me as she began to smile.

"I didn't say anything." I responded.

"You looked over here at least 10 times." She giggled.

"I can't look at my girl now?"

"I didn't say all that." She rolled her eyes as she turned her head back towards the window.

Not responding back, I reached my hand over to rub the curls in her hair as my left hand was still on the wheel. She grabbed the palm of my hand and kissed its surface. I then let down all of the windows, feeling the cozy air gust it's way inside of the car.
The wind blew through Stacy's hair. It looked like a bunch of springs dancing on the top of her head.

She turned her head towards the sun. "We're getting older, X."

"I know." I responded  as I stopped at a red light. "It's crazy how time flies by. One minute you're running around the house in diaper, and the next thing you know—you have one more year before crossing the stage, to graduate."

She locked her hand with mine. "Are you scared?"

"A little." I hesitated. " I can't fully imagine how it is to be a fully grown adult. I just know I have to keep preparing myself for this world."

"We all do." She responded. "No matter where we go, we're all in this together."

"Yeah, even if we are separated in college."

"You never know, we all may end up going to the same college."

I chuckled. "That'll be a dream."

"It can be a reality." She responded.

Speaking of which, I never thought about all of us going to the same college. If we were to go the same college where would we all attend? We all have different dreams we want to pursue, so we require separate majors.

"What school would have all of our majors?"

"I don't know. We'd have to search to find out, but until we have to keep grinding where we are." She said as she continued to hold my right hand.

The light finally turned green, and we were back to rolling down the street.

* * *

We made it to our neighborhood, before the sun was able to hide behind the trees. When I was about to drop Stacy off at her house, she told me that she wanted to see my mother before she called it a night.
So turned around and pulled into driveway behind my mothers car. Finally putting the car in park I pulled the keys out of the ignition—relieved that we made it home safely.

She grabbed her things out of the back seat and exited out of the car. I did the same and locked the car doors as we both made our way up to the front door.

Ding Dong!

Stacy rung the doorbell and we waited for my mom to answer it patiently.