Chapter 5: "The assassin's arrival"

"I'll have to wait and think on it. I am terribly sorry for not being able to give you an answer at this moment."

"No problem! Take your time thinking about it." Kazuma replied nonchalantly.

The three of them finished the dinner, and went their separate ways. Y/N somewhat deep in thought.

"Should I join their party?" He said to no one in particular as he walked up to his room.

。。。。。

First there was a creak, then there was silence. Y/N immediately awoke from his minimalistic slimber, but continued to play the part of being asleep. Very soft footsteps came towards him, making him on edge, The foot falls were so quiet that to normal, human ears, there would be only silence. However since Y/N was not a normal human, his increased senses caught the soft pitter patter of feet sneakily walk towards him.

With blinding speed he tossed the blanket up, activating his Stand. Prepared to beat the intruder senseless.

The intruder dodged out of the way of the blanket, narrowly dodging the four knives Y/N just now threw.

"What are you doing here?" Y/N asked menacingly.

"I have been hired to take your life." The intruder said in a deep, dark, silky soft voice,

"Is that so? Hmph, you are an assassin, and admirable job to me. However, this is the day you die. But first, who sent you to kill me? I'm curious as to whom wishes my early demise."

"I, am an assassin. I make it so I don't know the names of those who employ me. What I do know, is that you nearly killed him."

Y/N does a small chuckle.

"So, one of the rapists survived and now wishes my death. Refusing to come face me himself and instead hiring a trained professional, all because he is much too weak. Mankind truly amuses me sometimes, the persistence of some to defeat their enemy is something I, DIO, know all too well."

"You speak as if you yourself are not human."

"Mayhaps. Now, shall we commence our attacks?"

"Actually, I would much rather we do this another time. The room is small, and it would increase chances of me making a mistake. Do not think of this as cowardice, I merely wish to be at my possible best when fighting a battle."

"I understand, when shall our duel commence?"

"When the sun rises tomorrow morning. That, is when our duel will commence."

"I'm afraid that would not be an opportune time. How about when the sun sets tomorrow?"

"Very well."

"The location?"

"The lake."

And with that, the intruder left, leaving Y/N standing there. Slight amusement came to him and he laughed.

。。。。。

"Honestly, it's not something to trouble yourself with." Y/N said while eating some meat.

He had accidentally let it slip that he was going to duel tonight, and was now paying the price. 

"But you're gonna be fighting to the death! What if you lose?!" Aqua yelled while Kazuma just ate his food

"I won't be losing."

"B-But you can't say that for sure!"

"I wouldn't have accepted his challenge to a duel if I didn't think I could win. I am not like some men, who would rush in blindly without a plan. No, because I, DIO, will crush this assassin."

Y/N cleared his throat. "Now, if you'll excuse me. I'll be heading back up to my room."

Kazuma tilted his head, "But the day just began?"

"I didn't get much sleep last night. On account of the assassin and all." Y/N replied walking up the stairs. "I will also need to get some rest. The duel is tonight after-all." He concludes, disappearing out of sight.

The rest of the day progressed without much thought for Y/N. Hours ticked by and still, Y/N simply sat there.

"It's time."

And with that, he rose, grabbing several knives before leaving towards the lake.