Chapter 21: DIO goes to jail, and is going to go to trial.

"I'm Sena, a public prosecutor hired by the kingdom. Adventurer Dio Brando, you are currently suspected for the crime of subversion of the state. The coronatite that was teleported at your instruction blew up the mansion of a lord. Fortunately, there were no fatalities . . . However, you are now suspected of being both a terrorist and an agent of the Devil King's army."

"M-MASAKA" Y/N yelled doubling over from the shock.

"Hold up! If it wasn't for DIO, there would've been more casualties in the battle with the Destroyer!"

"Miss Prosecutor, this must be some kind of mistake. Even though he does have the guts to preform such an act like this, he is a good spirited person."

"H-HEY! N-NO I'M NO-" Y/N began to yell.

"Shut up, DIO!" Aqua said stopping him.

"Hey yeah! DIO isn't a criminal, he's an adventurer! This is abuse of state power! Adventurers are free!" three others chimed in, creating a chant of "Freedom!"

"Incidentally, he's not the only one the subversion charge may apply to. I won't stop anyone who wants to join him in prison . . . "

Everyone went silent at this.

Y/N sighed, "It's alright. I said I'd take full responsibility."

"B-But wait!" Wiz said running out, "The teleportation spell was cast by-"

Y/N quickly looked at her with a look saying, "Don't. You. Dare."

Aqua quickly ran over to Wiz, "Be quiet Wiz! I-If one person has to take the blame for it, then it'll be better for all of us! I know it's tough, but endure it for now! Let's just wait for DIO finishes doing his time!"

"Arrest him!" Sena said pointing.

The guards quickly ran over to Y/N, shackling him in chains.

"There's really no need for these things. I, DIO, am not currently attempting to escape, also I am a vampire. Breaking out of these chains would be child's play."

 In response, they simply had Y/N put his cloak on and continued to drag him off to prison.

。。。。。

Once Y/N was in jail, Aqua, Kazuma, Megumin, and Darkness attempted to break him out. All to no avail since he continued to refuse. After three days of that, Y/N was brought into the interrogation room.

"Do you know what this is?" Sena asked while showing a black and white bell thingy. "It's a magical device that detects lies. Now, where are you from, and what did you do before becoming an adventurer."

"I'm from England, and I was living in Cairo-"

*D i n g*

"Where are you from, and what did you do there?"

The truth finally dawned on Y/N. He had to tell the  f u l l  truth. In a monotone voice, he answered the question.

"I am from England, but I lived an evil life full of debauchery and lies in Cairo."

The bell did not ding this time.

"What were you doing there?"

"I attempted to kill my stepbrother's entire family bloodline after I stole his body."

still no ding.

"So, what's your motive for becoming an adventurer?"

"To save the people who were being oppressed by the Devil King-"

*D i n g*

"Originally to kill the Devil King, go back to earth, and destroy my step-brother's entire family bloodline. I honestly have no idea what I want to do now though, I feel like a teenager going through high-school and just realized they have no plan for their life, no idea what they want to do, and generally realize that theres a real possibility that they aren't going to succeed in life. And to top it all off, they've just been asked what they want to do."

"O-Okay. Well, next question. Do you hold a grudge against the lord? I've heard that some of your party members including you would complain about the lord when some debt arrived."

"The reward I received for the Dullahan hunt took care of the debts I owed for the town's repairs.-"

Yes I know, I changed it. I'm sorry I tried to make it a little different in the beginning, but it came back and bit my ^ss. Sooooo yeah, Aqua used the big tsunami water spell that destroyed the town.

"I understand that although we were trying to protect the town, it would be meaningless if it was destroyed in the process."

*D i n g*

"Well, that was actually the argument my friends used to placate Kazuma and I. I, DIO, personally felt something like, 'This is how you treat the hero who saved the town?! My own arm got cut off for god's sake, you all should die!' "

"I-I see. Moving on . . . "

"Excuse me, but can we get to the point? I know that it's been repeatedly said, but I made that call to save the town."

The bell did not go ding, signifying he was telling the truth.

Sena sighed, "It seems I was wrong. I've only heard bad things about you, so . . . I apologize."

Y/N sighed, "Normally, I'd say something like, 'shouldn't you be disqualified as a prosecutor?' or something, but you're only doing your job. However, I feel a bit insulted. I was the main contributor to the defeat of Verdia the Dullahan, and we beat the Destroyer thanks to the amazing job I did as the commander. Instead of receiving thanks, I was subjugated to accusations instead."

"I-I'm sorry! O-Of course, I'm aware of your accomplishments, DIO-San. A-And I truly do apologize for you being put into a cell for three days for seemingly no reason. I just need to ask one final question. Do you truly have absolutely no connection with the Devil King's army? No discourse with any of the Devil King's officers or anything?"

"Absolutely not-

*D i n g*

969 words lmao