Chapter 22: Dio goes to trial.

Y/N sat in the small room before his trial started. The door opened, and he was led to a small room. The door shut behind him, and Y/N sat in the available chair, awaiting the next person to enter the room on the opposite side.

With a loud creak, the semi-rusted iron door opened to reveal a familiar face.

"Ah, Jonathan. It appears that you've come." Y/N said smirking.

"What on earth did you do while I was gone to get you in trial!?"

"Relax, I went to Hugh Hudson Academy with you and was going through law school. I can be my own attorney."

"You didn't even bother answering the actual question I asked Dio!"

"Hmpf. On another topic. Did you find anything?"

Jonathan calmed down a bit and got more serious.

"It appears not. The rumors of a strange arrow seem to either all have been fake, or simply a coincidence and they're not stand arrows."

To clear up some confusion you readers may have, I shall explain. You see, Y/N had asked Jonathan to go and investigate rumors of strange arrows. This reason is why Jonathan had been gone up until now and only just learned of Y/N's trial.

"Hmm, this is good news for now. It'd be rather troublesome if this world too, had stand users." Y/N said with a sigh.

"I can see what you mean. It'd be even worse if-"

The two's conversation was cut off by a guard.

"Aight, that enough. It's time for your trial."

。。。。。

Jonathan, Megumin, Darkness, and Aqua all were sitting behind a desk, getting ready to refute the evidence they were putting on Y/N.

"Hmpf. For some reason I have a bad feeling about this . . . " Y/N said with a blank face.

"We will now begin the trial of the accused, Dio Brando."

"You don't seem to look very nervous DIO." Megumin said.

"I'm not. There's a very easy way to prove that I'm not a terrorist."

"Well, don't worry because you can probably just leave it all to me!" Aqua replied.

The fat lord Aldarp cleared his throat while looking at Y/N. He grinned.

This'll be easy. That guy is intimidating as all hell, and if he somehow does end up proving his innocence, I'll just use my money to make him guilty.

The fat lord thought.

"The prosecutor may now begin." the judge said.

"Ahem, threatening the life of someone holding the status of a lord is a crime akin to threatening the nation itself. As such, I request the accused, Dio Brando, be charged with subversion of the state. Bring forth the first witness!" Sera said.

"Now, Mr. Arkworth. You said you saw this man acting menacing towards others?"

"Why yes, I have. Sometimes, merely his presence can give one shivers. However once you get to know him-"

"Arigato Gozaimasu!" Sera said cutting him off.

"Mitsurugi Kyouya-san, you were beaten and thrown several meters away by the accused, correct?"

"Well yes, however-"

"Arigato Gozaimasu!"

"W-Wait, wait a second-!"

"Now, Kuro shiro-san. You said you've heard the accused make threats against others, including his own party members."

"Well technically speaking yes, but-"

"Arigato Gozaimasu!"

"Holy crap we're gonna lose . . . " Kazuma said.

"Alright, that's enough. Let's get this execution on the road." The lord said.

"Objection!" Megumin yelled standing up. "I will admit that DIO-san has an . . . odd personality, and sure, he can be extremely scary at times. However, all this testimony is inadmissible as evidence! I demand some legitimate basis for these accusations of terrorism!"

"Yeah what're you basing this on?!" Aqua yelled standing up as well.

"The basis for the case?" Sera began, "Very well. First! Even if it was to defeat a dullahan, he damaged the town with a flood. Second! The use of explosion magic in the vicinity of the town has altered the landscape and ecosystem. As well as creating disruptive noise late at night! And third! An eyewitness report of the accused using a skill known only by undead, Drain Touch! The biggest reason to suspect you is the fact that you claimed to have no connection to the Demon King's army. At that time, the magic lie detector went off! Is that not sufficient evidence?"

A silence filled the air, and no one spoke a word.

"That's surely enough. There's no denying he's connected to the Demon King's army! He sent explosives into my mansion in an attempt to assassinate me! Execute him immediately!"

Suddenly, Y/N started to laugh.

"Hehehehhhh, hehehahahahahah! HAHAHAHA! Well, allow me . . . TO COMPLETELY DERAIL THAT EVIDENCE!"

Sera was caught off-guard from this, and was left speechless.

"I, Y/N 'DIO' BRANDO, AM NOT A TERRORIST, AND I DO NOT WORK FOR THE DEMON KING'S ARMY!"

Alternate ending:

"Hehehehhhh, hehehahahahahah! HAHAHAHA! Well, allow me . . . TO COMPLETELY DERAIL THAT EVIDENCE!"

Sera was caught off-guard from this, and was left speechless.

"I, Y/N 'DIO' BRANDO, AM NOT A TERRORIST, AND I DO NOT WORK FOR THE DEMON KING'S ARMY!"

* D I N G *