Chapter 14: Y/N stops being a little b^tch thanks to Aqua.

Aqua, Kazuma, Darkness, and Megumin all sat down at the Guild Hall's table. Currently, they were thinking of ways to cheer Y/N up. After around 20 minutes of attempting resurrection, Y/N was teleported by Eris over to them, since they were having some trouble.

Ever since then, Y/N wasn't acting like himself. Kazuma had simply chalked it up to him acting like a moody teenager which, to be fair, was true. However this side of Y/N felt strange to Aqua.

"So . . . Anyone have any idea's for how to cheer up DIO?" She asked.

"No clue, he'll probably get over it in a week." Kazuma nonchalantly replied.

"Are you sure? I mean, you did kinda call him useless while you two were dead."

"Pshaw, I highly doubt that prideful vampire's ego was hurt that bad."

。。。。。

"Hmph."

"Oh c'mon Dio, at least attempt to have a conversation with me." Jonathan said.

"I don't want to . . . I feel emotions and you're not helping"

"Hmmm, what kind of emotions?"

" . . . I'm feeling numerous human emotions which I should not be having."

Jonathan sighed, "Listen, Dio, it's alright to feel human emotions. Even though you rejected your humanity, inside, you still are human."

"No, I've rejected my humanity since it only helped to hold me back. I am no longer like you, like most people on this intolerable world. What I need to do is get back on track. I'm becoming weak again, and the proof are these emotions."

"Dio, listen-"

"No, Jonathan, I've made up my mind, and you cannot change it."

Y/N then got up, and proceeded to stretch.

"Dio, what emotions are you even feeling right now?"

Y/N only stood there, looking in the mirror. His hair casted a shadow over his eyes.

"I don't know. But I cannot allow myself to become weak." He finished and left, closing the door behind him.

"Dio . . . when will you realize your humanity and emotions aren't what makes others weak." Jonathan sighed.

。。。。。

Y/N walked down the stairs to the Guild hall. It was night, and it was somewhat quiet in the bar area. He spotted Aqua doing some party tricks, and frowned. He didn't like the idea of telling her he was leaving the party. It . . . saddened him for some reason. 

Y/N shook his head around quickly, "No. I need to do this . . ."

But do I?

"Yes. This is necessary to eradicate my existing weakness."

Do it then.

Ultimately, Y/N was unable to bring himself to leaving the party.

He sighed, "Why do I feel so damn conflicted!"

Suddenly, he felt a tapping on his shoulder. His stomach sank in that moment, when he realized who it was.

"Are . . . you alright DIO?" Aqua said

"Ahem! Y-Yes!"

Why in the hell did I stutter?! Grahhh! It's cause she surprised me!

"Are you sure?" She asked again, a look of concern on her face.

"Why do you ask?" Y/N said trying to act nonchalant.

"Well, you yelled 'Why do I feel so conflicted' and you don't seem to be acting like your usual self."

"Sh^t, she's onto me." Y/N mumbled, "U-Umm, listen . . . I might be taking a . . . an absence in the party, so-"

"What?! you're gonna be leaving!?"

"W-Wait now, I-"

"Is it because I took too long to revive you?!"

"Oh, no, I got over that pretty quickly."

"Why then?"

"Well, I've been becoming weak. I've started feeling all these new emotions, which has never happened before."

"But DIO . . . feeling emotions isn't weakness, you baka."

"W-What did you call me?!"

"I called you a baka! Baka! Are you really going to leave because you think we're making you weak?!"

" . . . That was indeed the plan."

"Hmph." Aqua said pouting.

Y/N honestly didn't know what to say. The silence ensued, and he just stood there with Aqua.

"Here, how about you tell me how you're feeling, and I can help you." Aqua said.

" . . . If it will get rid of the emotions, then sure. Currently . . . I guess I'm doubting myself often, and I feel like I don't know who I am anymore. I've been acting so differently than before, and I don't know why."

"Is it because you're . . . Changing?"

Y/N sighed, "It most likely is."

"Then why not accept it?"

" . . . "

Why has he not accepted it? Is it because it's such a drastic change? Is it because all his life, Y/N has convinced himself he is evil to justify his actions? Or is it something else entirely? He didn't know.

"If you're changing to becoming less evil, isn't that good?"

Y/N smiled, and started to laugh.

"Maybe Aqua. . . Maybe. Until then, I think I'll be staying evil for now."

"Does this mean you're not gonna leave?"

"I'm not sure, but I'll stick with this party for a bit, thats for sure."

Hey peeps, Fox here. I honestly am not quite sure why I decided in the first place to have the chapter/book go this way, but I felt like I should. If ya dislike it, feel free to tell me.