Chapter 16: It turns out Verdia is a pervert.

"ZA WARUDO! TOKI YO TAMARE!"

When time continued, Aqua was sitting on the floor where Wiz was, and Y/N was now holding her off to the side.

"huh?" Aqua said looking around underneath her.

"Ahem, enough Aqua, No more trying to hurt her." Y/N said while putting Wiz down.

After that, Wiz explained while the three listened closely.

"So basically, the path to the Demon King's castle opens after all his vassals are defeated. Something like that?"

"Yes, yes! That's correct! The King asked me to make it work that way. He said I could lead a peaceful life managing a peaceful shop in a peaceful town if I wanted to, but only if I put a barrier around his castle for him."

"So, as long as you're around, humans can't get into the Demon King's castle?" Aqua's eyes started to glow, "Kazuma, it's annihilating time."

"W-Wait, please wait Aqua-sama! Please let me live just a little while longer! I still have something that I need to do."

"I could break a stupid barrier with my little finger. But she's a lich, so it's annihilating time." Aqua said again while cracking her knuckles.

"Hang on, hang on." Kazuma said, "Even if we broke the barrier right now, our levels are way too low to beat the Demon King. I'll end up getting beheaded again."

"Kazuma does have a point. Even I, DIO, might have some trouble fighting against the Demon King. However, that's just to be on the safe side."

"Th-Thank you so much!"

"But are you okay with this? You don't resent us for defeating Verdia or anything?" Kazuma asked.

"I was never particularly close to Verdia-san. Sometimes I'd be walking down the corridor, and he would bowl his head down by my feet to try to look up my robes."

"N-NANI, GAH!" Y/N yelled choking from surprise.

"Besides, I believe my heart is human, even now."

。。。。。

"Okay, then, I'll teach you on of my skills. It's the least I can do to repay you for letting me go free---"

"Whats wrong?"

"Um . . . All of my skills can only be used on an opponent."

"Aqua, sorry, would you mind?"

"Oh? What skill is an undea- I mean, a lich-"

Y/N started to evilly glare at Aqua.

"I-I mean, what skill are you planning to use on me?" Aqua finished, sweating nervously.

"W-Well, how about 'Drain Touch'? It's a skill that absorbs an opponents health and mana, and can then distribute that energy to others."

"Hmm, I see. If used properly, it could possibly make up for the party's . . . lack of firepower." Y/N said.

"O-Of course, I'll only absorb a very small amount."

"H m m m m," Aqua said, "Go right ahead, absorb all you want."

"I can't tell which is the lich and which is the goddess." Kazuma whispered.

"I know right . . ."