Chapter 38: DIO walks a lonely road

Y/N walked down the path, trying to ignore the loud pressure he felt due to what he had just done. No doubt now that they would stop following him. After all, why would they follow such an asshole who straight up told them to not get in his way. As he walked/ran/dashed down the path he was surprised to feel . . . wetness on his face. He looked up to see if it was raining and then it dawned on him. He . . . was crying.

Y/N laughed at himself as he wiped away tears. How truly weak he was . . . All this time about boasting how amazing and how strong he was and how he was the apex was all just lies. Really he was a weak, weak person. Maybe this was a good decision. He had felt horrible from Wiz being used in a hostage situation but hey, maybe pushing her and everyone else away was good. Not only was he not worthy of their friendship, but now that he was alone he wouldn't be worried about someone else getting hurt. Not only that, but if he died then oh well, the world wouldn't miss much. 

Meanwhile, at the camp the group of adventurers were pretty angry. Not only had Y/N abandoned them, but he said they only got in the way! "Tch. The nerve on that asshat!" Kazuma yelled out punching the ground. While Kazuma did this, Aqua was . . . comforting Wiz. Both she and Wiz were feeling pretty down to DIO leaving, and only now did Aqua really notice she felt this way. It was odd to say the least. Aqua then remembered how a bit before she had talked with DIO and how he had confessed he was confused about his feelings. Could he be feeling guilt she wondered.

"Y'know what I say? I say we go after him and catch up with him so I can beat his ass and show him how much of an edgy teenager he's being!" Kazuma yelled.

After a moment or two Aqua made up her mind. "C'mon Wiz . . . Let's go help DIO-Sama with how he's feeling."

。。。。。

"Pet shop-"

"SCRAAAWWWWWWWWWWW"

" . . . At least let me finish you worm-eating arse-" Y/N said as Pet shop flew aggressively towards him. Pet shop then flung several icicles at Y/N, screeching loudly at the same time. Y/N dodged to the side, and threw three knives at the bird, Pet Shop dodging most of them but getting a small slice. Right as Y/N was simply about to step forwards toward Petshop he decided to stop time, saying.

"Za, Warudo."

He turned around due to feeling a menacing aura emanating danger from behind him and what he saw caused him even further guilt. It was . . . 

Ice ice baby . . .

「V A N I L L A    I C E」