Chapter 22

I sit and enjoy my milkshake not caring that Katherine and my stepmother are glaring at me. Hell I could care less about the others and what they are speaking about.... meaning my Grandfather, my father, my in laws, Celeb and Vincenzo are discussing my future like I have no say in the matter. Instead all I can do is focus on my milkshake and food. After all that's the one thing that has never let me down.

"Athena what is your favorite thing to eat right now?" Celeb asks. "Why? Are you going to make it for me?" I ask annoyed with the world and knowing he can't cook. "No, we don't want to give the baby food poisoning." He laughs. "I was just thinking about giving Maria a list of your favorite foods so that she can make sure to prepare them when you are back." He explained. "Who said I was going back? I asked. "Why wouldn't yo..." he was cut off by his phone ringing. "Please excuse me." Celeb says as he gets up and leaves the table.

"Are you enjoying yourself?" My stepmother says. "Yes this is so good you should try it." I reply. "I don't mean the disgusting things your consuming. I'm talking about how you are treating my daughter. Do you even care that all this stress you are putting her in can cause her to miscarry?" She asks as if I'm the enemy. "No I don't care to be honest because I'm not putting her into an stress she is doing that on her own. I did not tell her to come to my family home that she doesn't belong in and start talking nonsense. Hell I did not tell her to drug my husband to get pregnant. You treat me like I'm the enemy now when it was I who stuck up for you because your precious daughter skipped out on her responsibility. So it is her who has caused everyone stress." I explained. "Elizabeth do not ever speak to my daughter in that manner. She is right... this is all Katherine's fault not Athena's. " my father says as it seems the others attention have drawn to us. "How could you say that and stick up for her? She is the cause of all Katherine's troubles." Elizabeth asks my father as she points to me. "Katherine not learning to close either her top or bottom sets of lips is the cause of her own troubles." I sneered. "How could you be so vulgar?" Elizabeth spits. "Well maybe because it's the truth. Just an FYI talk to my wife again in that manner and I'm going to forget you're my father-in-law's wife and I will cut out your tongue grind it up and serve it to your precious daughter Katherine like a milkshake." Vincenzo says.

"GREAT NOW I CAN'T EVEN ENJOY THIS SHAKE ANYMORE." I yell getting all frustrated. Vincenzo was about to laugh when the door comes bursting open and Celeb walks in. Rage visibly showing on his face as he walks around the table. "What's wro..." Vincenzo tries to ask but is cut off by Celeb picking up a steak knife and stabbing it into Katherine's baby bump. Everyone jumps up and screams. Everyone except me I jump up only to be met with the overwhelming darkness as I pass out from shock and fear.

"What the fuck Celeb you couldn't have done that a different way? " Vincenzo asks. I pretend to be asleep as they talk. "You told me to find away to get rid of the problem." Celeb says like it was nothing. "Yes I did but come on you couldn't think of a different way?" Vincenzo hisses. "Listen I'm sorry that I upset Athena. I wasn't thinking when it came to her possible reaction. That I will say is on me but look I got rid of the problem. " I hear Celeb say. "True thanks man." Vincenzo replies. "That maybe the case but she really could have been hurt. Do you not realize that?" my mother in laws voice rings out. "I don't care if Katherine got hurt." Vincenzo goes to speak. "God you're an idiot. I was talking about your wife not that whore. I could care less if she died at that table for all the trouble she has cause my baby Athena." she sneers.  

I begin to cry and pull away from my husband's arms. "Shh... princess I got you." Vincenzo says. "Let go of me you monster. How could you do that to an innocent child. Your a monster. Both of you are inhuman." I cry. "Shh.. baby there was no baby." Vincenzo tries to say. I wiggle out of his hands and run to my Grandfather who is the closes out of him and my father. I break down into sobs as he wraps his arms around me in comfort. "I would have raised that baby as if it was my own. I would have not hated or treated the baby differently due to its mother or the situation of it's conception because at the end of the day that baby would have been mine and yours Vincenzo. How could you let that happen to your own child? Are you going to do that to the one inside of me because I swear I will kill anyone that comes for my child and I do mean anyone." I say between sobs. "Guards seize them." I shout. "My grandfather raised his hand to stop them. " Princess, there is no baby. She was faking it. They didn't kill any child because it was a prosthetic. The only thing that died today was the young woman's plans." He explains. I look up at him. "Really?" I ask looking around. The door opens and the guards bring in a tied up Katherine whom looks as healthy as before she claimed to be pregnant.

I run to Vincenzo. He quickly picks me up bridal style. "I'm so sorry I thought such evil things about you." I cry. "Shhh.. baby. If anything it makes me realize how perfect you are. You were able to show sympathy for a woman who caused you pain that and the fact that you were going to raise a child you thought I had with another woman as your own.... you are nothing less then perfect." He says as he kisses my head. "Let's go get you to bed in the back house. I feel like you need snuggle time. We will talk about everything later." Vincenzo says as he leaves the room.

"By the way my Queen.... I would kill myself before I'd hurt you or our babies." He said. "Babies? You mean you want more kids?" I ask. "Hell yeah cause that means I can fuck you more and more." He laughs out. "Dear lord what do we do with you?" I speak out loud. "Well I can think of a few naughty things." Vincenzo smirks.

'God help me I love this man.' I think to myself as a blush rushes over my face.