Chapter 52: I can't...No!

(Athena's P.O.V.)

I wake up feeling hungry as ever. Upon opening my eyes I learn that I'm hooked up to a IV and I scream bloody murder. Suddenly the door crashes open and a group of men come barreling through.

"What is wrong Boss?" One man says. 'Boss? They always call me Miss Athena  or Ma'am.' I think to myself. "Why are there...." I begin but I'm interrupted by Cenzo, my grandfather, my father and  in law running in. Vincenzo runs to me grabbing me and looking me over. "What's wrong angel? Are you in labor?" He asks. "Get the healer!" He shouts.

Solish was already heading into the room when he called for her. "What's wrong Miss Athena?" She asks walking to the monitors. "Um... am I hallucinating Or are you all blind. You ask what's wrong like you clearly can't see the needle in my arm." I shout. "Athena I understand you have a fear of needles but please calm down princess." My father says. "You have a fear of needles? Well that's stupid." Cenzo comments as if he finds it utterly ridiculous. "Yes because it's not natural to have a needle in your arm. I was not born with a needle in my arm sooo....." I say giving him a warning with my tone. "Well if you want to be technical there is now just a flexible tube in your arm and not actually a needle anymore so your fine." He replies with annoyance. "Well I wasn't born with a flexible tube in my arm either soooooo... I want it out." I snip back. "Well then healer hurry up and take it out of the princesses arm for she can't have anything foreign in her that she was not born with." He says sarcastically. "You know what now I know why they call you princess because you act entitled. Do you even care that some of us were dealing with the aftermath of your stunt before you decided to scream as if you were dying." He speaks to me angrily.

I shove him off of me. 'How dare he.' I think. I don't even wait for Solish I just rip the IV out. Everyone gasps. Cenzo tries to grab me. "Calm down. What are you doing?" He yells as he reaches for me. I dodge him. 'No, do not touch me. How dare you speak to me in that manner. The aftermath of my stunt. My stunt." I yell. "I saved you." I scream. "Athena calm down. One I didn't need saving and two you didn't think of the outcome. You put yourself in danger. Look you have been out for three days because you let your health go. I'm very upset with you about this. You could have endangered yourself and our child. " He tries to explain his anger.

I laugh bitterly as if I have gone insane. I look down at my arm as the blood drips onto the floor. "I can't.....No!" I say. "Can't what Athena it's just a IV nothing major." He says annoyed. "I can't with you. I'm done." I tell him. "Rosemary?" I yell. The maide comes over to me. "Yes Miss?" He says. "Pack my things I'm leaving." I respond. "Leave, and where do you think your going?" Vincenzo laughs. His laugh makes my blood boil. Ofcourse he wouldn't take me seriously after all to him I'm just an entitled princess. "My phone where is it? Someone hand it to me." I say ignoring him. Solish hands me my phone from the side table and quickly cleans and dresses my arm.

"Athena stop this game. I'm to tired for your theatrics." Vincenzo says as I type away on my phone. I again ignore him. "Honey calm down. Your not going anywhere." My grandfather says. 'Oh so now he takes his side. They have all turned on me.' I think. After about twenty minutes I have booked a plane and my driver is now outside with my things loaded. 'Got to love cellphones you can get everything done just by quietly standing there and no one even knows.

I walk to the closet and get dressed. "Athena why don't I get the chef to make you something then you will get out of this mood." Cenzo says.

I step out fully dressed with my purse. I walk out the door and down to the first floor with everyone following. I stop in the living room and sit down. "I have the chef make you a milkshake." He says as he and the men walk to the kitchen. "I'm sure he didn't mean to speak to you like that sweetheart. He is just stressed and tired." My mother in law says. I nodd and get up. "I want to be alone." I says as I walk out of the room. She doesn't follow and I head to the awaiting car out front.

When the driver passes the guarded gates with no hassle I know they have not realized I have left. "We will be fine without any of them. We don't need someone who will talk to us in such a manner. From now on Matteo it's just you and Mama." I say as I rub my belly.