Chapter 4 - I Hate Him

Adrian and Adam were in the middle of their meal when Adam heard the bell ring from someone entering. As he was facing the door, Adam had a good view of seeing who was entering.

"Don't blush now but here's Ashley." Adam whispered quietly to Adrian.

Adrian slowly turned around and saw her, waiting at the door to be seated. Adrian saw the girl he's been dreaming of for a while now, being escorted to a booth where she was sitting alone.

"How come she's on her own?" Adrian whispered to himself but he was heard by Adam.

"How should I know?" Adam shrugged as he continued. "Dude, you should go over there! Now's your chance to be alone with her." Adam hinted to Adrian.

Adrian turned back around to see Adam smile at him. Frowning his eyebrows at him, "And say what exactly?"

Adam threw multiple conversation starters at Adrian. "Hello? You look great by the way? Can I have your number?"

Adrian chuckled. "That's original... It will never work on someone like Ashley."

"What else are you going to do, just stare at her, muddle up your words and trip over yourself whenever she's around?" Adam laughed as he mocked his friend's earlier interaction with Ashley.

Adrian punched Adam on the arm playfully as he wanted to forget his painfully embarrassing moment with her.

"Come on, take your shot Captain." Adam said seriously.

Adam left to go to the toilet which left Adrian alone. Adrian was contemplating what to do. 'Could I just go over there and ask her out? Could it be that simple?'

The decision was taken out of his hands as the bell rang again.

Entering the door, Adrian recognised him as that guy Sinclair that he played against earlier today. The same Sinclair who everyone kept praising about his talent. The same Sinclair that has been circulating around Adrian's thoughts recently.

Adrian studied him, his damp hair was now in a modern short quiff. He wore tightly fitted jeans and a leather jacket over a plain white t-shirt.

"Such a pretty boy..." Adrian snickered to himself.

Adrian watched as Sinclair made his way over to Ashley. He continued watching as he saw Ashley greet Sinclair with a hug before kissing him on the cheek.

Sighing in defeat, Adrian turned back around as his blood started to boil.

'He's getting the coach's praise.'
'He's getting the team's praise.'
'He's dating the girl that I like.'
'Everyone wants a piece of Sinclair.'

Adrian tried to inhale a deep breath but he became more irritated as he kept thinking of that guy. He saw Sinclair as the guy who was getting everything Adrian wanted, and now he was getting even more.

"I hate him..." Adrian whispered under his breath.

Adam came back from the bathroom and looked over towards Ashley. He saw that she wasn't alone anymore and they seemed pretty close with each other. Sitting back down, Adam turned to Adrian. "Sorry man."

===========

Author's note: Sorry this chapter is super short, personally I still loved it and I hope you all did too.