Chapter 59 - Thanksgiving

It was finally Thanksgiving and a large family were gathering around the Jones household in a couple of hours time.

The cooking started at 11am, Sally was kneading the dough to make pigs in blankets while Adrian was given the easy task of making the cranberry sauce.

"What time are people meant to be coming round?" Adrian asked.

"I told everyone that they should start arriving at around 2, we have more appetisers ready for when they arrive and we can enjoy some family time together."

Their conversation was abruptly ended when Adam began video calling Adrian. "Happy Thanksgiving."

"Happy Thanksgiving!" Adam cheered, "What you up to?"

Adrian showed Adam around the kitchen and let him observe all of the food that was being prepared by them.

"We can't talk for long because we're about to head down to my cousin's now, but we just wanted to wish you both a happy Thanksgiving. And we were hoping you could save some extra food for us again please?"

Sally laughed as she got inside the frame. "Of course sweetie, I never forget."

"We?" Adrian asked.

Ashley came into view and waved at them both. "Happy Thanksgiving."

"Happy Thanksgiving," Adrian happily replied back, "I thought you were volunteering?"

Ashley explained that because the holidays are when more people become generous and volunteer, there were too many people there. And since they arrived last, they were the first to be sent home.

"Is Brody not with you?"

Ashley shook her head. "When our plans got cancelled, Adam invited us over. Brody didn't feel comfortable with the idea but still said I should go anyway since we're dating, and that would make more sense than him coming."

The conversation ended shortly after they bid farewell to each other and Adrian assumed that Brody was alone on the holidays. He was peeling some vegetables when a thought popped into his head.

"Hey mom, do you think we could invite Brody over?"

Sally had finished rolling the pigs into their blankets and wrapped it with bacon before she turned to Adrian. "I thought he had plans?"

"They kind of fell through, and now he's at home all alone. I just thought it would be nice and everything if he can come here for Thanksgiving."

Sally didn't need to deliberate on the decision any longer. "Of course, the more the merrier. Actually, we've made more progress than I first imagined, so you can go away for 30 minutes if you want to talk to him about it."

Adrian smiled after that, he washed his hands before he decided to go to Brody's house and deliver the invitation in person.

"Be back soon."

~~~~~~~~~~

Adrian had called Brody when he was outside his apartment. Brody opened the door with a smile on his face and a quick kiss at the door.

"Hey, what are you doing here?"

Adrian closed the door behind him as he walked inside. "I heard about how your plans fell through, so I came round here to personally invite you over for Thanksgiving."

"Is your mom okay with that, I mean there is a lot of your family over there and I'm just a stranger to them all." Brody answered honestly.

"Well right now you mean more to me than some cousins I talk to for about once a year. Plus we would both really like for you to be there today."