Chapter 32 - Dinner With The Mom

"He said what?!"

Adrian and Brody were walking together, back to his house to work on building the furniture Adrian's mom has ordered. On their way there Adrian told him about their private encounter back in the nurse's office.

"The guy has a nut bolt loose in his head or something." And with that Adrian's hatred for Caden reignited. Adrian was holding back the feud he had with Caden for the sake of him being Brody's teammate. But then suddenly being assaulting by him on the ice, Adrian wasn't going to take any of this on the chin - figuratively speaking.

They were now standing outside the driveway when Adrian pointed towards his house. Adrian lived in a suburban home, the wooden panels were light grey and the front porch was lined with lilies. The porch light flicked on as Adrian walked to the door, opening it with his keys.

Letting Brody in first, they got the smell of sandalwood and jasmine wafting though the air. Adrian gave him a tour around the small house, with their feet tapping against the oak floorboards.

The first room Adrian took him to was the dining room. There was a rustic dining table with 4 matching chairs to go with it. Fresh flowers and popery were on the table side, with wavy and cream coloured curtains draped over the windows, giving the room a homely vibe.

Into the tiled kitchen, there was an island made out of marble, with 2 stalls tucked besides it. All of the many wall mounted cabinets were the colour of fresh oak, with a crystal clear glass window that showed its contents. The biggest feature in the kitchen was an expensive looking fridge that was tucked into the corner. Brody always dreamed about owning one of those, to be able to get freshly dispensed ice on demand.

They circled back to the living room and Brody saw a comfy, dark grey corner couch that Brody wanted to collapse on. A plasma TV was mounted to the wall, and an oval tea table stood in the middle of the room. Numerous photo frames were hung on the wall, Brody took a look at each one and saw how Adrian grew within each one.

"You ready to show me your handy work?" Adrian asked as he dragged the boxes into the living room.

Brody counted 3 boxes that needed to be assembled, with 1 of them being massive.

"What are we building?"

Adrian looked for the picture on the boxes, "We have 2 drawer units, and a closet for upstairs."

~~~~~~~~~~

The first drawer unit was relatively quick for them to build. With Brody carefully reading the instructions out loud, Adrian paid attention to his directions and followed the steps.

However the second drawer unit, Adrian made it into a challenge, swearing he memorised the instructions and didn't need the manual to build it. Adrian was defiant when Brody tried to interject, confident he could proudly do it all by himself.

Brody was on the sidelines as he watched Adrian work. He admired the handy work of his boyfriend, working the material and installing the panels together, with the strength and focus of an actual builder. Brody was enjoying the masculine scene in front of him, and found it cute when Adrian stuck his tongue out in concentration.

Brody didn't point it out, but he noticed that Adrian was installing the drawers upside down. He was tempted to correct him, but Adrian was persistent he didn't need help into making the unit.