Chapter 17 - Rigged

The first thing Adrian noticed was how soft the carpet looked. The carpet was all fluffed up and an even lighter tone of brown than the lobby. Walking across the room, Adrian looked out of the window and saw the landscape. The sun was still bright outside and Adrian couldn't wait to see how everything looked like at night. He went to have a sneak peek at the bathroom and not a lot was packed in the small space. A single sink with an adjacent toilet bowl, and a shower stall was all that fit inside the bathroom.

Adrian then checked the beds, they were both a twin single and they seemed a lot closer together when he stepped towards the beds. There was only one small shared bedside table with a lamp on top that separated the beds. Brody had already set himself on the bed by the door so Adrian took the one by the window. Dropping his bag at the foot of the bed, Adrian flopped down on the bed which was firmer than it looked. The sheets were still fresh and soft, Adrian crawled up the bed and rested himself on the back of the bed board, trying to relax.

"So what do you think of this room?" Brody asked from his bed, seemingly comfortable.

Adrian had responded. "It's pretty cosy." He then got up from his bed to grab his phone from his bag. Before he could check it, Adrian was spun around and pulled closer by Brody.

Brody held Adrian before giving him a sweet kiss. Adrian was just as happy to receive the kiss as he went back in for another gentle kiss on the lips.

"Kind of romantic don't you think?" Brody spoke softly to Adrian.

Adrian nodded his head, before giving him one last peck. "I mean having both of our teams here spoils the mood by just a smidge but other than that, we have our own space in the end, so I like it."

Brody nodded along. "And are you sure you didn't rig this?" He laughed as a joke which resulted in Adrian pushing him down, laughing at the joke himself, before going into the bathroom.

Once he got inside, Adrian then locked the bathroom door behind him. He's been feeling his heart rate speed too quickly the last couple of minutes and not in a good way. He just needed some space, a breather. Adrian braced his hands on the sink before looking in the mirror.

'Deep breaths...'

His initial thoughts back on the coach however returned and they kept creeping up on him, manifesting and gnawing at him.

'How was he going to sleep with Brody when he might not be ready to?'

Adrian was caught between his physical needs displaying something different from his emotional needs, which were also conflicting with his mental needs.

They've been a lot more flirty ever since the morning after their first kiss.  Sometimes Brody instigated it, and sometimes Adrian did as well. It made Adrian feel happy and alive, very much alive.

But being this close in what felt like a very small room, this quickly, was too much for Adrian to comprehend.

Adrian didn't feel ready for any of this. He's never even had a long term relationship before.

But now he was suddenly sharing a room with another person, a guy as a matter of fact, all of the sudden and it scared him, a lot. He didn't even know he was interested in men last year but now it's all about this one guy who is sitting on the bed in the next room. It was about how that person meant so much to him and how much he could mean to him in the future.

Adrian liked Brody, a lot. He didn't want to screw it up by rushing things too quickly and overstepping boundaries. He didn't want to mess it up by not committing enough either. Maybe Brody wasn't getting enough from Adrian which leads to the end of them, or maybe all of this will scare Brody off.