Chapter 52 - Tenacity

Adrian had to rinse himself again with fresh warm water, after he was well spent with an enthusiastic helping hand from an all pleased Brody. They didn't have enough time to go any further since they were going to be interrupted very soon.

When Adrian got out of the bathtub, Brody had to run downstairs to answer the door for the delivery man, who had to call Adrian's phone when they missed the doorbell 3 times already. While Brody was downstairs, Adrian was drying himself off as he then went to get dressed.

Adrian had already put on his underwear and a pair of comfy jogging bottoms when he paused at putting on one of his t-shirts.

He looked at Brody's bag and saw a very familiar hoodie peeking out. Adrian gave into temptation as he took the item of clothing and put it on instead of his own shirt. Adrian was very satisfied with the slightly bigger sweatshirt on him, instantly warmed up by the idea behind it.

Adrian then went to join Brody downstairs in the kitchen, leaving his hair damp and unkept as he was feeling lazy. When Brody saw him in the room, Brody gave him a knowing smirk as he looked at his yellow hoodie on Adrian.

"Problem?" Adrian rhetorically asked as he sat down in the kitchen.

Brody laughed to himself, his boyfriend really was shameless and Brody loved it. "Nope, no problem at all. It looks good on you."

~~~~~~~~~~

The pair had already eaten at least 70% of the food when Adrian's phone rang. Brody had to stop feeding Adrian his spring rolls when Adrian picked up his phone to look at it.

"It's my mom, she wants a video call."

Adrian wiped his mouth clean with a napkin before he fixed his hair a little. Adrian heard Brody laugh at him for fixing his hair using his fork's reflection.

Adrian heard a lot of background noises from his mom's end of the phone when he accepted the call. "Hi mom, why's it so loud?"

"Hi sweetie, I'm just at a restaurant with your grandparents and your auntie, Susie. Hold on, let me step outside for a moment."

Adrian's head was spinning at how the camera angle was shaky and wobbly. Sally found a quiet space near the front exit so she could talk to her son. "I'm just calling to make sure you're safe and everything. How are you feeling?"

Adrian briefly looked down at his injury because he knew that was what his mother was asking about. "It still hurts a little bit when I turn my body, but other than that everything's okay. There's also no house parties still, if you were wondering."

Adrian made the effort of showing how the space around him was clean and quiet. Adrian then turned his phone and angled it so Brody was in the frame as well. Brody had to quickly shove the food away from his mouth when he saw Sally on the phone. He was startled to have the spotlight on him suddenly and Brody wasn't ready as he had a little bit of sauce on his chin, still chewing and enjoying his food.

Hidden out of view Brody punched Adrian's leg under the table as he wiped his face clean. Adrian just laughed back at the retaliation of embarrassing Brody in front of his mom.

"Brody's here with me so there's no need to worry about anything mom."

Sally felt reassured knowing that Adrian was safe and happy in the company of his boyfriend. She was also glad that she wouldn't be coming home to her house being a wreck after a party - again.

"How's your trip so far?" Brody asked.

Sally was drinking her cocktail as she made an effort to show off her outfit. "It's great, I get to dress up a little bit which is always nice, and I'm only a little bit plastered off my ass so far!"

"Mom!" Adrian shouted, gaining second hand embarrassment while Brody was laughing next to him.

"Don't worry sweetie, I will never get as drunk like you did when you were 17 and you came home and ended-"

Adrian didn't let her finish the sentence as she cut her off. "Aaaaaahh lalalala, ok I get your point, you weren't ever meant to mention that again!"

Sally giggled behind her hand as she covered her mouth. Brody turned and looked at Adrian, arching his eyebrow as he wanted to know the rest of the story.

"Anyway, I got to go now. Make sure you stay safe, take your medicine, and be good - both of you."

Adrian saluted his mother as Brody nodded along.

"Love you sweetie, take care of each other and I'll see you when I get back."

~~~~~~~~~~

Adrian and Brody were in bed together, after they had put on a movie on the background downstairs as they were heavily making out. Brody had now stripped down to his underwear while Adrian changed into a thin shirt to protect his bandage.

Adrian was resting his head on Brody's chest, thinking about how often they were in this position. "It's always so nice, being like this."

Brody let out a satisfactory exhale, at peace with the person right next to him. "Yeah, I could get used to this a lot."

Adrian readjusted his head slightly so he was more comfortable, resting the side of his face against Brody's warm body. While lying there, Adrian remembered that he had to tell Brody about Ollie.

"Will you come with me in the morning to pick up Ollie? I finally get to bring my boy home tomorrow?" Adrian was very excited to have his first dog, and with him already having a special bond with Ollie, it made everything even better.

Brody was still playing with Adrian's hand while they were talking. "Sure. This will be my first time seeing Ollie so I'm looking forward to it. But are you sure you can handle a dog in your condition right now? I mean, you are still recovering Adrian."

Adrian was determined to bring Ollie home. "Ollie's a good boy, he isn't a lot a trouble and since I'm home more often now I can reacquaint him in his new home better." Adrian gave Brody a chaste kiss on his chest. "I've been waiting for this day for ages, and nothing is stopping me from giving Ollie a new home."

Brody heard the dedication and conviction in Adrian's voice. Nothing was going to stop Adrian from finally being able to adopt Ollie.

"Okay babe." Brody hugged Adrian closer so he could give him a gentle kiss to his head. Brody then reflected on the fact that he hasn't really been around dogs before. "He's not going to bark at me constantly or anything right?"

Adrian laughed as he lightly patted Brody's chest. "Don't worry, Ollie's well trained. And worst case scenario, we'll have to train you so Ollie thinks you're likeable and approachable instead."

"Wait so your backup plan is to treat me like a dog?"

Adrian acted nonchalant as he shrugged his shoulders. Adrian then turned the bedside lamp off as he wanted them both to get some sleep. He heard Brody laugh in the darkness as Adrian snuggled closer towards Brody's warmth.

==========