Chapter 41 - Spying

The stadium was packed with people in the audience, all enjoying the exhibition match between the Ravens and the Eagles.

The game proceeded to overtime as the final period ended with a tie, due to Adrian's assist making Adam score against the Eagles. Managing to score the last needed goal, they stuck with the same strategy to clench the victory against their rivals.

With the puck in his possession Adrian skated on the side of the rink, out speeding the Eagles as he dribbled the puck with refined precision and a fast pace. Adrian was attempting a fast air pass to Adam when he was body checked onto the ground, crushed by Sam's weight as he knocked Adrian down with him.

Not willing to stay down Adrian was quick to get back onto his feet, but so was Sam. As Adrian went to steal the puck from Caden, Adrian felt his back bend in submission to the stick he was beaten with, plummeting to the ground as he bounced off the ice once again.

He could only watch with his head slightly lifted from the ground as Sam passed the puck to Brody. Brody shot the puck in between Callum's legs, allowing Brody's team to win the game at the sound of the final klaxon.

The noise brought dread to Adrian's ears, knowing the game ended with his team losing. He already knew that with the extended time his team would try even harder to win, but they were defeated and it always felt terrible when they lost by a hair strand.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Brody felt all of the adrenaline as he shot the puck over the goal line. Earning the win for his team always felt amazing, like a drug as all of his endorphins made him even more ecstatic when he was on the ice.

Naturally his team reacted by having a celebratory huddle on the ice. Everyone on the Eagles team were happy that they beat their rivals, especially since their last match ended in a defeat.

"Brody get in here!" Sam called out, wanting him to join in on the celebration.

Brody was going to join them and bask in their victory when he realised that Adrian was still down on the ice. It was like Brody naturally gravitated towards Adrian as he went in the opposite direction of his cheering team.

Brody unbuckled the helmet off his head as he was dripping with sweat, he skid by Adrian's side who was also removing his helmet at the same time. Brody stretched his hand out to Adrian, standing over him as he waited for Adrian to accept the gesture.

After being pulled up from the ice, "Thanks. Congrats on the win, shouldn't you be celebrating with your team over there?"

Brody was oblivious of his team waiting for him, casually wiping the sweat off Adrian's forehead for him. "I'd rather celebrate with you."

Adrian responded by laughing at him, "So you want to celebrate with your rival, that you beat him? That's kind of a dick move there, Sinclair."

Knowing that Adrian was joking, Brody laughed it off as he played along. "Of course! What's a better way to assert my team's dominance than rubbing it in their star player's face?"

~~~~~~~~~~

Adrian was planning to have dinner with Brody at the diner, waiting for him outside their team's locker room as he had just finished getting changed.

On his way there, a familiar face came up and approached him. Elliot had both of his hands in his pocket as he nonchalantly strutted towards him. "Adrian, hey!"

Remembering him from the Halloween party, "Elliot isn't it? Hey how are you?"

Elliot feigned hurt, "Don't tell me you've already forgotten me? I remember you."